Is it less civil on BITOG, or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow. This place suddenly filled up with a bunch of over sensitive old women. When are we adding the menopause section?

P.S. The internet is full of A-holes. Get over it.

feedtroll.gif

Can we please have an emoticon that says "Please don't feed the sensitive old woman?"

crackmeup.gif

puke.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
crackmeup.gif

"In Internet terminology, a TROLL is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others. Trolls can also be existing members of such a community that rarely post and often contribute no useful information to the thread, but instead make argumentative posts in an attempt to discredit another person, more often than not based on what they thought was said rather than what was actually said by the other person, concentrating almost exclusively on facts irrelevant to the point of the conversation, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others. The latter are primarily, though not always juveniles from other countries who don't have enough understanding of the language to realize that there is nothing to argue about, the points are truly irrelevant to the conversation, or they just don't care and are simply trying to cause the other poster grief with their frivolous and irrelevant arguments."

Pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?

See also Ad Hominem: "An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the person", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument by attacking or appealing to the person making the argument, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument. It is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or personally attacking an argument's proponent in an attempt to discredit that argument."

Textbook!
laugh.gif

(Ref: Wikipedia)

Quote:

Quote:

Wow. This place suddenly filled up with a bunch of over sensitive old women. When are we adding the menopause section?

P.S. The internet is full of A-holes. Get over it.

feedtroll.gif

Tell you what. How about we plan a girls night? We'll do pedicures, eat ice cream and chocolate, and talk about how insensitive our husbands are.

Quote:

Tell you what. How about we plan a girls night? We'll do pedicures, eat ice cream and chocolate, and talk about how insensitive our husbands are.

Tell you what, just keep on proving the point at hand.
laugh.gif

Well, to be honest i think the collective IQ at bitog has signifigantly dropped since i first joined. Don't get me wrong, im probably responsible for dropping it a few points myself. I guess what i'm trying to say is there is less facts, and more opinions trying to be passed as facts. I'm sure i've done this a few times, but all the time, and the same threads over and over again is just getting a bit old.

Members themselves need to step-up and refrain from tit-for-tats and keep the quality of their own posts as high and on-subject as possible. Every new person who comes here goes through one a few of the possible paths. I see both good and bad examples right here in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back