changing rear end fluid on 2007 gmc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all just wanna ask if you think it would be benneficial to change out the rear end fluid on my 07 gmc sierra classic? I know it already has synthetic from the factory but if theres better oil out there I'd like to change it. thanks.

Quote:

Hey all just wanna ask if you think it would be benneficial to change out the rear end fluid on my 07 gmc sierra classic? I know it already has synthetic from the factory but if theres better oil out there I'd like to change it. thanks.

I am doing the same thing on my 06 Yukon. But the only 75w90 I have found that meets the GM spec is Redline 75w90. The GM "grape juice" scented synthetic lubricant is $25 a quart. Redline is under $10. Note: I contacted Mobil and they said Mobil1 75w90 does NOT meet the GM spec. I don't know if amsoil does either but you need to check your owners manual and get the spec number and check it. Amsoil just released a 75w110 oil which looks very promising. But I would check with their tech support 800 number first.
smile.gif

Actually if you PM "pablo" he is the amsoil rep here and he will look it up for you. I think the new 75w110 is $12. That is what I'll probably get after I use my grape juice up.

The factory 'synthetic' 75w-90 was black and nasty looking on my 2005 trailblazer when I changed it out summer of 2006 at around 20Kmi. I used M1 75w-90. The diff cover on mine had a sweet reusable metal/rubber gasket (AAM rear).

Joel

In my 98 S10 ZR2, Chevy reccomended changing diff oil at about 7500 miles...

couldnt have hurt, the magnet had a lot of junk on it...

JMH

Quote:

grape juice?

Yes the new GM sythetic 75w90 is "grape scented". Apparently the guys at GM don't like the sulphur smell anymore. Now it's dubbed "grape juice". I dodn't make this up...
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back