Alcohol Top end lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me exactly or close to exactly is in top end lube. Some people say they never run without it and others say that it doesn't do anything. I am trying to find out what it is so I can make an informed choice for myself thanks

Well I no expert, but many years ago I used to be a part time pit monkey for a Alcohol dragster. They just used a very small percent of Castrol bean oil in the Alcohol. The owner just stated it was only in there to help lube the fuel pump.

Dry fuels provide no lubrication for the valves, seats and seals, or pump. Top end lube helps. Plus it leaves a film of oil between race that helps "pickle ' the motors form corrosion, especially the aluminum parts. Whoever your getting you fuel from should have a product. We used VP brand M2 product, but you could make somethingn your own, like the castol oil mentioned usually thinned with acetone before blending.

do you have a formula for diluting the castor oil? Like how much acetone to how much oil? How about just putting it in straight? Top end lube is now over $10 a pint. If it is straight castor, you can buy it in gallons much cheaper.

It's Castor not CastRol oil and it's from the bean of Castor plant.

I may buy some and see how well it mixes with methanol for lack of anyone else moving or saying anything.

I see a 16oz 100% pure bottle is $5

Maybe I'll have a VOA test done on some. I also think it's a natural ester oil????

http://waynesword.palomar.edu/plmar99.htm

Quote:

It's Castor not CastRol oil and it's from the bean of Castor plant.

I may buy some and see how well it mixes with methanol for lack of anyone else moving or saying anything.

I see a 16oz 100% pure bottle is $5

Maybe I'll have a VOA test done on some. I also think it's a natural ester oil????

http://waynesword.palomar.edu/plmar99.htm

The Castrol Brand oil I was talking about Used to be called "Bean Oil" in big letters on the Castrol bottle no kidding when it was a full Castor oil. However I do not know of who makes a pure Castor oil anymore. Klotz, Castrol, Maxima band name "Castor oils" are a part synthetic part bean oil these days. You might check some of the Kart boards to see if anyone is making a pure Castor oil these days. As far as mixing My memory is a little foggy on this but 50:1 seems like what was used in methanol cars in the old days.

Shell make a 30 and 40 weight castor/syn for 2 stroke bikes that might do the job.

Used to use castor oil from the chemist in my lawn equipment...made Saturday morning mower smell like a speedway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back