is this sSLOB any good or should I throw it away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

and what does boosting "the zddp levels of regular oil."
accomplish?

Nothing!
wink.gif

Has anyone on BITOG ever done a UOA where SLOB was used, in the quantity recommended on the SLOB bottle, for the entire duration of the OCI?

You can run diesel oil or you can add SLOB to make your own sort of diesel oil. Most diesel oil is only easily available in 15w40 grade. So if you want 10w30 it may be hard to find, but we can always dope up some PCMO 10w30. The added zddp should help extend the oci too.

I found SLOB at the local big lots for $1.99 each....picked up 14 bottles, left 20 on the shelf.
MMO fuel treatment (same as the original, just in a 6 oz bottle) for 50 cents each.

rsylvstr, keep in mind, you may be able to talk your local manager down. Some of us have gotten SLOB on closeout for $1. Others have gone to their manager and told them this and gotten the same deal. It won't work all the time...but....it's worth a shot.

Regardless, the stuff originally retailed much higher.

thanks....i asked if they had a coupon, since i couldn't get one online and the guy looked at me like i had three heads...
shoulda found the manager.

A lot of people would tell you GC needs NO help. Especially if you are going for a long drain, you'd be introducing a dino oil into one of the finest synths. I SLOB my synth brews, but I don't run 'em very long anyway.

Boy, we haven't discussed the CD2 75000 mile stuff in a while, have we?

This thread mentions a problem someone had with it.

I mixed some with oil and it is chocolate brown. I think it's fine. Emailed and called CD2 but they never responded. Probably use it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back