Soyshield 139 A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested to know if anyone has experience with the Schaeffers Soy Shield 139A vs the Diesel Treat 137ND. I believe the 139A may cost more, but does it work better as well? Anyone?

Soyshield actually costs a good bit less than the Diesel Treat 2000. Plus, you don't have to pay Hazmat shipping on the Soyshield. I've used both and can't really tell a difference in performance. My tractors like both, run much smoother and quieter with less smoke. Neutra 131 is also a good, inexpensive fuel additive from Schaeffers, but it's not specifically designed for diesels.

Any more updates on this additive? I just bought a few bottles and am trying it out on my 2000 7.3 Powerstroke. My first impression is a quieter motor. I will report back after I have run a couple more tanks and post my mileage results.

I've run 4 tanks with Soy Shield 139 a and I like the way my truck runs with it. It runs quieter and smoother. The only problem is that I lost 1 mpg compared to my last additive combination. Previously I was running 8 oz Stanadyne Performance combined with 2 oz Stanadyne Lubricity per 25 gallons. This is all city driving and filled liquid to the top of the filler neck very fill up. Looks like I will go back to Stanadyne even though it sure runs nice on the Soy Shield- dang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back