Soyshield 139 A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered a case soyshield 139A, from Mark. I could not find any thing to read in the search engine. Anyone got anything to add about this product ( good or Bad ) ?

John

I've used it before and it worked at least as well as the Stanadyne that I was using at the time. The two trucks that ran these additives are both still on the factory set of injectors, so I can't say that either one is better for sure.

I really like this product. In fact, it may be my favorite diesel add, and believe me, I have tried a bunch. It really quiets things down, gives better MPGs, and never had any fuel system problems or breakdowns an any equipment while using it.

Soyshield should be cheaper. I think I gave 25 or 30 bucks for a gallon of Soyshield w/antigel, and it treats 500 gallons. Stanadyne from most outlets online it looks like is between 22 and 31 dollars for a half gallon, which treats 240 gallons of fuel.

I just finished my first full tank on Soyshield with my latest diesel.

My mileage had always been very consistent prior to using Soyshield in this car...30 to 31mpg. This tank was 32.3, the highest I've had. Driving patterns normal...nothing different but the Soyshield.

Does not surprise me. My TDI gave it's best mileage with Soyshield in the tank, too.

YMMV

Tim

well, im almost convinced that i want to go with soyshield instead of stanadyne, and i would love to use schaeffers 9000 5w40, but i would like to know where i could get my hands on it

I am on the third tank with Soyshield.Mileage is still a question as I have less than 3,000 miles on the truck.

But I can say that the engine has started to hum, even the fan motor on the heater will drown out the engine noise. running Soyshield and Schaeffers 9000 5w40.

Salesrep will be along soon to hook you up.

Okay gang it is safe to say soyshield has fond a home. THe engine is quite and mileage is around 16 & 17 on a 3 thousand
mile engine.

John

Nice to know! I will try it in a 7.3L PSD with 360K miles on her. Mind u, the first 359K miles this PSD didn't have any type of additive added to the tank what so ever.

Since I have taken her over, I have ran FP60-Redline85+ -Schaeffers Diesel Treat. The PSD is slowly starting to run quieter and smoother after each fill up.
Soyshield is next. Only wish we had B20 here in my home town.

It took about 3 tanks before I could here and feel a big diffrence. I have used them all and can say Soyshield really
is the only one that made a diffrence in sound. I have been using the full bottle to a tank. I know that is over-kill.

On my list of oil analysis tested/approved diesel fuel adds, use with confidence. Any product that is helping the American Farmer is worth looking at.

I stopped using the 139 A, for about six tanks of fuel. I then started using it again. What I was looking for was if the product worked or was it the placebo effect from the expection I had. I can say now Use this product it works, the engine ran on so smooth. I add it to every tank now with knowledge that Soyshield 139 A IS THE BEST .

John

After my 83 w123 MB wasdestroyed, I gave my soy shield to my father to use inhis 96 w210 MB. he noted smooth operation and ease of obtaining about 36 MPG, which is about the max he obtains for his always the same commute profile. The only other add that did this for him (and I verified it on my OM617.952 engine) was rotella DFA, which isnt made anymore... He averages ~34 MPG with the other adds (power service, etc.).

This is not suprising, as I have verified that soy ultra gas additive has improved efficiency of operation in multiple cars with multiple drivers and use profiles!

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back