WestLake Tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know who makes them? From searching google it seems like they are Austrailian made. I just have never heard of them, and are just wondering what I should expect for treadwear, etc.

Long story, but I chose to take my Suzuki (6mos, 8200mi on it) to the dealer for repairs after a very large pothole attack on my way to work. They replaced the Kumho's that were on it with WestLake H-V680s. The impact of the pothole bent both front and rear wheels on the driver's side. So I had to replace both wheels and tires, and get an alignment. I'm currently attempting to have the city pay for the damage.

Why would you opt to have the dealer install "that" brand of tire ?? Why wouldn't you get Kumho again, or go to Michelin etc for a brand new car ?? I googled the name and came up with almost nothing on that tire, it certainly seems to be an off brand for a dealer to be installing on a current model vehicle.
twocents.gif

Well being as the car is under warranty and not that old, I opted to let the dealer do the work. The thought actually crossed my mind to just go get a whole new set of aftermarket wheels and decent tires, but I knew the city would not pay for that. So, I let the dealer do the work. They called and told me that they could not get the same Kumhos that came installed on the car when I bought it. The new tires actually seem quieter than the oem ones. Anyhow, I kept the least bent wheel and am using it for a full size spare instead of the "donut". I realize I probably could have done better, but next time I need tires, I'll probably go with a better brand or even swap out the wheels and tires all together...I'm just happy at this point to have it repaired so that I don't have to put all those miles on my other vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back