Dale Earnhardt Jr. and DEI Friction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading Speed TV site and came upon this interview with JR. about comments his Step-Mother and BOSS made abut about him. He may go with Richard Childress Racing, his Dad's old team, if things don't work out. Maybe someplace else...
What do you think is gonna happen to Dale Jr.?
dunno.gif
driving.gif
patriot.gif

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/nascar/nextel/34669/

He should have dumped DEI a long time ago. His mom is an idiot for essentially trying to nudge Jr. out. She must be sleeping with Bob Nardelli.

DEI should be promoting Jr. as their best asset. Instead, they have been trying to tie him down in a very narrow roll. That is really stupid, and will eventually cause Jr. to leave DEI. Too bad. His own racing business is doing very well, and in a couple of years, he will be in position to drive his own cars. I'm sure that Childress would be very happy to have him, and he may go there for a time, put I really believe that he will eventually drive his own cars.

DEI is trying to get rid of the most popular and lucrative figure in Nascar, the 2nd most popular spectator sport in the country. GENIUS!

There's obviously a long feud (some have said flat out hatred) between money hungry Teresa and Jr. She'd want him out if he won all the races last year.

Last edited:
Don't be too hasty in condeming DEI(Teresa). Nascar has become so big that the pressure to win Championships from the sponsors and the multi million dollars that come with it is a big factor. No doubt that Dale Jr. is a great driver. But his consistancy has been so so because of a lack of direction from the Crew Chief side. Jimmy Johnson is a great example of keeping a team intact and reaping the results(06 Championship).

Richard Childress Racing would be a great place for Dale Jr. The potential sponsorship money that Dale Jr. would bring to RCR would rival the space program's budget. RCR has also proven that they have turned the corner and is now a team to contend for the title.

If Dale Jr. does leave at the end of his contract, it will be interesting to see what sponsors DEI can still attract. When Michael Waltrip left, he took the NAPA money with him. I would not be surprised that if and when Dale Jr. leaves, DEI would be for sale. The whole thing is sad, very sad.

If your read the article Dale states that the differences between him and his step mother are the same as they were when he move into the house with his father and her at the age of 6. Face it they don't like each other that much but I get the impression they respect each others point of view.
Even though she does come across as a Gold digging female dog.

I think the ONLY reason Dale Jr is still there is because this is the company that HIS father built. He stated a few years ago that he NEVER wants to drive for another owner.

The company should be his...IMO. I think his dad would want it that way. It is sad though...his dad built the company...died...and now this is going on.

JR is a - - - - - - good racer and is the most marketable guy on the planet. I am surprise they don't have him on game show, late night, MTV, or some reality series. He is all American.

I think Nascar is boring, but I'll watch JR any day of the week. Hopefully, he takes his signature color and paint scheme with him.

From what I understand on the reports on SPEEDWEEK, JR's situation on whom he will drive with next year, will be resolved in a few weeks. There will be an announcement made shortly according to the reports. We'll just have to wait and see...
driving.gif
cheers.gif
patriot.gif
dunno.gif

Well...There it is! Hendrick Racing!
cheers.gif

The NASCAR Race at MIS = Michigan Int'l Speedway, is this weekend. I have friends who will be going to the Nextell Race. I'm sure this will be the talk all weekend, and I'll post if there is anything worth talking about. I don't as yet if Budweiser, will still be his Sponsor
beer2.gif
He wants to keep #8, as his Car Number
dunno.gif

Let's see how Dale Jr. finishes this race.
driving.gif
cheers2.gif

It's all over the rest of the teams can pack up the hauler, talk about your dream teams, Gordon-Johnson-Earnhart-Mears. No doubt Gordon and Johnson are two of the best three drivers driving right now- maybe Stewart is the other with Kenseth a close 4th. We will see what JR does with the best equipment he's ever had next year. I doubt if he will be as good as Gordon and Johnson, but I'm routing for him, go JR. I hope tony jr and sr go with him to Hendricks. I wish Teresa Earnhart well too, but I think she made a huge mistake. Who gives a cow patty about DEI now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back