guide rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

gj

I have a Taurus PT99 AF pistol (kind that looks like a Berretta).Will a Berretta guide rod fit it?It shot real good,but somehow I think the guide rod has a slight bend.Jams and won't eject.Thanks.

As I recall all the parts between these 2 models are not interchangable. I do know that Taurus will fix the gun for you, they have a lifetime warrenty I think?

No FFL is required for shipping a firearm for repair like this.

I know of online places where you can get parts for other guns eg. Glock or 1911 but not taurus.

I know this is not helpfull. Good luck though.

I dont want to hijack the thread, but why is FFL not necessary for such a repair? Is it because a large quantity of parts might not be shipped with the gun and item to be replaced? I thought that any time that a gun was to be shipped, even if it was just to the manufacturer/gunsmith and back after repairs, for an item YOU OWN, an FFl was still required as the go-between.

That not being the case opens some new doors as far as customization and service goes, considering my location and the hoops that must be jumped otherwise...

Thanks and sorry for hijacking the thread...

JMH

An FFL is not required when shipping to a FFL. That FFL can then ship a gun back to you. This must be done by a private carrier (FedEx, UPS, etc.). The USPS may only be used in an FFL to FFL exchange.

The catch is that both UPS and FedEx require guns to be shipped Red over night because of internal theft. Rather than fix their own problems, they want us to pay for them.

Not sure about Taurus parts. I have heard that their customer service is poor.

A FFL is not required for "custimization or repair." It's one of the loop holes if you will. If you know a gunsmith they could validate this for you.

No hijacking percepted.

I could ship,since it's such a simple fix and i've found a Berretta rod for under $25.I may call Taurus direct see what a rod would cost to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back