New Havoline Deposit Shield Product Data Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havoline product data sheet, with a fresh, off-the-press date of 12-28-06.

Newsworthy is the new 9.7 cSt @ 100C viscosities for both 5W-30 & 10W-30.

I have trouble linking to the Chevron/Havoline product data sheet finder - try this Link & click on any of the Deposit Shield data sheets towards the bottom.

The Java script in the site makes linking directly impossible. The lower viscosity is a good indication of a definate formulation change.

Quoting from the Product Data Sheet:

"All grades are formulated with high quality base stocks,
a shear-stable viscosity index improver,..."

- Is it possible that a Soccer Mom proof VI improver has been developed?
smile.gif

Sure wish Chevron/Havoline would list the HTHS!

I wonder how much 20w-50 they actually sell? I wonder if it's really sufficient to keep it in the product line.

Actually the old Data sheet said 450*F and the new says >392*F. ie Im not sure thats the actual temperature. The VI is lower because it is lower viscosity (9.7).

Is 392*F some magic number determinded by API or ILSAC? I noticed on other PDS's (Pennzoil comes to mind) that when a numer is given with a ">" is usually means "meets or exceeds requirement".

Thanks for posting the specs. Mobil's MSDS always showed the Flash Point to be 392F when the PDS said it was 440F. Not sure what that is about.

I'm guessing someone at Havoline hit the eggnog a little early and that the straight 30 doesn't really have TBN 78...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back