Wax over new car sealant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought my wife a Toyota Matrix and it has some kind of paint sealant on it. The dealership gave me a bottle of "sealant cleaner" and said to apply it evry 6 months and buff it off. I want to know what I could use that would be better to put over this sealant. Recommendations?

Use any wax or sealant you like, you'll be fine. I hope you didn't pay too much for that dealership sealant as it's really no better than practically any good product you can buy for under $20/bottle.

That Toyoguard sealant is a pretty good product, made by Auto Int'l. You can use whatever wax you like or just use the sealant you got at the dealer. Either will be fine.

A guy I work with bought a brand new Honda Accord, and paid to have something called "Zylon" applied to the finish. He said its a great product, and he'll never wax the car. I suggested that he wax anyway, but he said that wax would remove the "Zylon". I asked him if wax would remove it, then how would it stand up the acid rain, bird droppings, etc? My response was a blank stare, suckers are born every day!

Use any wax over the dealers 'sealant' I too hope you didn't spend much on it.

I know a guy who had Ford put their sealant on his black Escape and he has not waxed it in two year as the product stats there is no need to wax, well the truck is all swirled out and looks so-so at best he is discovering they are not all that great.

It came in an option package with some other items plus I got them to take 1100 dollars off the sticker price, which is hard to get Toyota to do... I think I am gonna use NuFinish on it, I have used it before, just did'nt know about using it over a new car's sealant?

Is there such a thing as "apply once and never again" paint product? I wouldnt think so.

I know you can over polish a car, but not over wax a car. So I would assume any type of wax at any time is better than not at all.

That dealer sealer stuff is #@$%!, $400-$500 bucks for a high speed wax job. Takes all the fun out of a relaxing day of polishing and waxing!

Unfortunately a lot of the dealer 'sealant packages' are pretty overprices. If it was free, that's one thing. If any money changed hands then that's not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back