Went to A/Z today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out they had a ton of GC, but all of it was the Gold (saddened but not disheartened). But what peaked my intrest moreso was the fact that the 5w-40 was made in Belgium. Now, I haven't read up on the 5w-40 much, and I may sound like an idiot, but is there also something special about that oil? Any info on that Belgium made oil would be cool. And once again, I appologize if I seem like an idiot for asking.

Why saddened? There is nothing to suggest that Gold is any worse than Green. UOAs show them to be pretty much the same as far as wear protection goes.

And yes, the 5w-40 made in Belgium has been discussed here. It's a good oil, alas mostly Group III (if that matters). Search for "Belgian Castrol" or BC - you'll find lots of info. As far as I know, Castrol is no longer importing this oil from Europe. It is made in the US now, so what you're seeing on the shelf is some old stock.

Saddened because I wanted some of the green stuff, the gold is just fine with me however. I'll look up this belgium stuff, maybe I should get some if its old stock, probly won't see it ever again.

isn't BC GrpIV/V like GC? and the new 5W40 and 5W50 might be GrpIII/IV/V?
There's a VOA of BC and the new 5W40 in the VOA forum.

Quote:

the 5w-40 was made in Belgium. Now, I haven't read up on the 5w-40 much, and I may sound like an idiot, but is there also something special about that oil?

I believe this to be Castrol Dynatec. However I cant proove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back