What happened to the Rotella forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't a forum. A forum occurs when a group of people with different opinions come together and discuss a certain subject. I saw the Shellguy threaten to ban a guy for disagreeing with another poster about Rotella being the best oil to use in a motorcycle of all things. The guy used no vulgar language or disrespect. The problem with that is when people with different opinions are treated that way all you end up with is a few people that constantly log on and talk about how they used Rotella in the space shuttle and made it all the way to Mars without burning a drop of oil.
I enjoy this site becouse of the freedom you have to talk about any oil related subject without fear of the company salesman...I mean moderator embarrassing you or humiliating you for having a different opinion.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
usa2.gif

There was a plethora of questions from people wanting to know if Rotella was good for their motorcycle. Shell never really responded to them which I found strange.

I think the forum was meant more for truckers but there was little going on in that department. It seems motorcycle talk dominated.

There was some debate about the new Rotella 15/40 being unsuitable for motorcycles. The nay side seemed to be winning. I'm sure Shell did not appreciate any bad press.

More business for bobistheoilguy.

I am not sure where it went but presume it has something to do with the new website and bad links while they are designing the site.

here is your rotella forum:

shell guy says:

"check your owners manual"
he is a real genius

i think he also holds the mop up in the janitors closet during business hours

Be fair. I would be willing to bet that "ShellGuy" was advised by Shell attorneys not to issue an unequivocal endorsement of Rotella in motorcycles. Hence the "Check your owners manual" statement, which they say for questions about Rotella in cars and light trucks as well. It's all about avoiding liability ... or even the suggestion of liabiity.

That said, the Rotella forum has quieted down quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back