Father in law thinks I'm a bonehead

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah xmas season.

Well I left from Nashville to Memphis to visit my side of the family for two days on the 22nd, then on xmas eve left from Memphis to Clarksville to visit the wife's side of the family. As you can see, it's a 200 mile interstate trip from nashville to Memphis then 200 miles from Memphis to clarksville. When he saw that we took the 96 sunfire instead of the 2006 vibe. he said "why did you take the green sunfire for? do you want to get stranded?"

I guess I'm a bonehead for not taking the new car when going out of town. The 96 sunfire is in perfect mechanical condition but he won't hear of it
laugh.gif

I would of told him, "Stranded with your daughter for the couple hours in the middle of nowhere... hmmm that sounds like fun" I guess it's a good thing I have no father in laws they wouldn't like me very much.

Sounds like some people I know. It's kind of fun, it actually angers people when you drive an older car.
laugh.gif

I'm in Indiana from NY for the holiday. I took our oldest, highest mileage, but arguably safest car for the trip, the '99 Subaru with over 200k on it. I even pushed the envelope a bit and left the snow tires at home. I did take the precaution of changing the timing belt with 115k miles on it a couple of days before we left.

Luckily no one has given me a hard time about my decision.

ALL father in laws think ALL son in laws are boneheads. I KNOW I'm gonna get heck from mine for not being with my family on Christmas morning (gee, I had to work...some of us have to do the rotating shift bit).

Quote:

ALL father in laws think ALL son in laws are boneheads. I KNOW I'm gonna get heck from mine for not being with my family on Christmas morning (gee, I had to work...some of us have to do the rotating shift bit).

My FIL had a simple standard. Everyone greater then him was someone to be admired. Anyone lesser then him was an idiot. I always thought he had some odd criteria for determining greater and lesser.
grin.gif

Mine thinks I am a bone head but a mechanical master mind! I do not know wich perceptionis worse!!! I get stuck working on tractors everytime I go up to see my inlaws!!!

I remember my former FIL telling me that his daughter was now my problem on our wedding day.

I didn't have the heart to tell him she is once again his problem when our divorce was final, as true as that statement is.

The longer a vehicle provides me with reliable service, the more confidence I gain in it. I had nothing but confidence in my 17-year-old 200K mile Grand Am.

My friend and I left for a 1200-mile trip in his 2004 Dodge Cummins 2500 on Thursday. When the fuel pump (electric lift pump) went at 120 miles in - the second time this has happened to him - we managed to limp most of the way home and left the next day in his old suburban. The '87 6.2L suburban with almost 200k miles did the job that the newer Dodge couldn't handle!

Quote:

I remember my former FIL telling me that his daughter was now my problem on our wedding day.

I didn't have the heart to tell him she is once again his problem when our divorce was final, as true as that statement is.

My FIL told me the exact same thing.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back