Why is Chevron Supreme so hard to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, Bill, now we all know why nobody else can find the stuff! (Have you considered just running a pipe to Chevron's refinery?
smirk.gif
)

After searching Chevron's web site, emailing them, getting a response with a 1-866 number, and then calling them, I was finally able to locate one retailer in my area that sells Chevron Supreme. They sell it for $24 a case. I suppose that isn't too bad. I guess it'll depend on what the new Havoline sells for at Wally World. It's getting pretty bad when the price of regular ol' dino is approaching $3 a qt.

$24.00 should be $2.00 a Qt. Chevron used to be "the" cheap oil brand in my part of the south but that was pre-Texaco merger.

Quote:

Quote:

Whats with the Mobil 1, Bill? I thought you were a hard core Dino guy. No, wait, Mobil 1 is Dino now.
laugh.gif

The mobil 1 jug is about 1/2 full and is for the Snowblower.

Once its gone, I'll be running Supertech Syn (I have 2 jugs of it now) in it.

Really, I could use some Pennzoil 5w-30 and it would last like the old one I had...

I have a few quarts of Mobil 7500 in the stash and once its gone, thats the last Mobil products I'll have.

Quote:

Bill, I'm really starting to worry about you...

Don't worry, be happy!
grin.gif

I change alot of oil for the family and we use the oil. If you look back at photos of my stash, you'll see alot is gone this year.

And the good 49 cent a quart Chevron or under a buck anything deal have not been around lately..
frown.gif

Merry Christmas!

bill
patriot.gif

Just bought a case of Chevron at Checkers recently that was 0.59 a quart after rebate.

Quote:

And the good 49 cent a quart Chevron or under a buck anything deal have not been around lately..
frown.gif

Merry Christmas!

bill
patriot.gif

Just bought a case of Chevron at Checkers recently that was 0.59 a quart after rebate.

Yeah, I know the deal is around other places, but here the flyers and coupons have dried up.

At 59 cents a quart, doing a 4-5k oci is the best deal!

Your engine will be well protected, last as long as you want and be clean!
cheers.gif

My best UOA in my truck was with the Chevron. Thats over Pennzoil, QS and Mobil 1.
approved.gif

Take care, bill
patriot.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Gene how much are you paying for oil in Decatur? Around here Castorl GTX and Valvoline are 2.85 a qt!

That's just nuts!

I agree. That why I wait until oil goes on sale. Recently it's been Chevron for 59 cents a qt. Sometimes it's pennzoil for 69 cents a qt. So I just wait until there is sale.
cheers.gif

I checked the Kragen website and I guess it isn't on sale right now. Is there any other place to get a coupon?

Quote:

Quote:

How much is Chevron supreme without the rebate? Is there also a coupon price? Where can I get a coupon?

Around 2 bucks at kragan without coupon.

Quote:

I checked the Kragen website and I guess it isn't on sale right now. Is there any other place to get a coupon?

Just keep checking their web site every week or two and you'll eventually find a Chevron oil coupon.

Would anyone know of a place to buy Chevron Supreme in the St.Louis area? Or how about the old Havoline at a good price??

Thanks
grin.gif

The only place I've seen it in the KC area, is at Tractor Supply. The price isn't that great (low $2 range), and they have no 5w20.

The local Family Dollar store, about a mile from my house on the West Bank, has 5W-30 and 10W-30 for 2.00 a quart. Not too many quarts on the shelf, though.

It appears Chevron is distributed more in the western portion of the U.S., while Havoline seems to be available everywhere else. I really don't care now that I've learned there isn't much of a price difference between the old and new Havolines.

I haven't received a new Checker mailer since around mid December, at which time I bought another case of Chevron 5w-30 for $.59. I think they're piissed at me for taking advantage of their coupon and rebates with regularity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back