Nissan Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my SE-R is 3 years old now ,I find it hard to understand why Nissan sends me a letter about a recall. Here is the reason for the recall Quote: On some 2003 and 2004 model year Nissan Altama and Sentra vehicles equipped with the 2.5 Liter engine,there is a possibility that the engine might stop running while being driven due to an electrical problem between the crank angle sensor and the Electronic Control Module. This may also result in the Service Engine Soon light coming on. If the engine stops running while driving ,this could result in a crach without warning. So has anyone else received such a letter from Nissan.Did you find out what Nissan did about it or is it a chance for them to fool around under the hood.
nono.gif

I had a recall for my 15 year old Toyota last year for a drag link replacement.

If a problem exists which will simply cost you money, a recall is pretty unlikely. If there's a chance of a crash (as stated in your letter), then they'll recall vehicles that are really quite old.

Are you serious? Nissan has found a problem with this car and wants to fix it for you. Its not "a chance for them to fool around under the hood". There's probably an updated part that gets replaced. Its not uncommon for recalls to pop up years later.

^ Yea thats what i was thinking, no offense or nothing, but nissans got plenty of cars, if they want to fool around under the hood they can do it on those, they dont really care about whats under your hood....

Make : NISSAN Model : SENTRA Year : 2004
Manufacturer : NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 06V242000 Recall Date : JUN 28, 2006
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 294166
Summary:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 2.5L ENGINE, A VARIATION IN TEMPERATURE OCCURS DUE TO THE UNIQUE LOCATION OF THE SENSOR IN THE ENGINE. UNDER CERTAIN DRIVING CONDITIONS, THESE VARIATIONS IN TEMPERATURE CAN BE LARGE ENOUGH TO CAUSE A BRIEF INTERRUPTION IN THE SIGNAL OUTPUT FROM THE SENSOR.
Consequence:
IF THE INTERRUPTION IN THE SIGNAL FROM THE SENSOR IS SO BRIEF THAT THE ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE (ECM) LOGIC DOES NOT HAVE TIME TO DIAGNOSE THE CONDITION, THE ENGINE MAY STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING WHILE THE VEHICLE IS DRIVEN AT A LOW SPEED INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE ECM FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON SEPTEMBER 20, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.
Notes:
NISSAN RECALL NO. R0606. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV. http://www.dmv.org/recalls.php

Headgaskets don't cause anyone harm, death. So no legal liability. Any recall on out of warannty cars is good indication something dangerous is involved.

"chance for them to fool around under the hood" Just about the silliest thing I've ever seen posted on an internet board!

Bob
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back