76 Super Synthetic Blend Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody used this? How about a UOA on it? I know it is a ConocoPhillips product but it's data sheet specs look better than the other CP's. I am looking for an alternative to Havoline after seeing the Deposit Shield MSDS.

Quote:

I am looking for an alternative to Havoline after seeing the Deposit Shield MSRP.

Fixed it for ya...

$2.69
shocked.gif

76 stuff is a good oil I may try it in my wife's ford explorer if I can find other than 76 gas stations. My in laws love the stuff.

Just buy which ever ConocoPhillips product is cheaper.

The $2.69 MSRP of Havoline may not be that much of a price increase.
How much was MSRP of the current Havoline? Not the usual $1.99 street price.

Thanks for the replies. MSDS - Material Safety Data Sheet. First glance difference:

Deposit Shield
Highly refined mineral oil (C15 - C50) Mixture 70 - 95 %weight

Havoline GF-4 (outgoing oil)
Highly refined mineral oil (C15 - C50) Mixture 80 - 100 %weight

Well that may be no difference at all. But lets say they they went from 88% Group II Basestock / 12% Group I Carrier & Additive Package to 85% Group II Basestock / 15% Group I Carrier & Additive Package with the additional additive being mostly Calcium. However Im still hoping that the "Deposit Shield" will turn out to be a very small addition of POE to keep the engine squeeky clean. I really like the idea of abuilt in ARX type maintenance dose of POE.

I did a search on "76 super synthetic" and there were a lot of finds that were related to China. Is this stuff made in China, owned by a chinese company or is it exported to China?

Quote:

I did a search on "76 super synthetic" and there were a lot of finds that were related to China. Is this stuff made in China, owned by a chinese company or is it exported to China?

ConocoPhillips family: Kendall GT1, Motorcraft, Trop Arctic, Super76.

link: Press Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back