Pledge Furniture Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Pledge for detailing my engine compartments forever. It works so well on batteries that when I took an eight year old battery back to get another, last Saturday, they insisted that I must be wrong about the age, and they gave me a new battery at no cost. I spray it on and around the battery, wipe if off before it dries, and use about two or three drops of WD-40 on the posts, being careful to wipe the excess off. Works great.

I was just wondering if anyone else uses Pledge on their vehicles?

Well, I've always had to present documentation to get warranty service/replacement on a battery, of course, I didn't use Pledge. I'll give it a try.

I use Pledge to wax my vehicles paint, inner fenders and alloy wheels. It works great! My 1997 E-150 van is in near showroom condition and I get positive comments all the time. It only takes a few minutes to do the entire vehicle. Bugs and brake dust is no match! People laugh at me all of the time until they see my vehicles.

Gonna have to try it
smile.gif

What is in Pledge? Roadfly tested Lemon Pledge in 2002 as part of their "Wax Test". It was the lowest performaner in 46 waxes. Per the study, no protection and a lot of solvents. Personally, I have never tried it.

Well maybe it's a matter of taking the effort to take care of your investment regardless of what product is used. Pledge may work well for some while another will do quite well for others.

I use it on the metal and plastic under the hood, including the battery. Part of the reason that the battery got replaced besides looking brand new was that the date code was not punched out. Anyhow, Pledge does a good job getting after grease around the engine. You get a couple of different brushes, from short paint brushes to nylon scrub brushes. Spray the brush and use it to get into the small places. Then try to wipe of what you can. It's amazing how good it will all look with just a little work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back