Goodyear Allegra or BFG Traction T/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

jje

Im looking at either of these in 195 70 14. BFG is 110 ea, Allegra is 85 ea with sale.

Is there really any difference to consider? Im most concerned about city driving in winter (roads are plowed), tread life.

Traction TA's rock and pretty good in snow too.

My 04 Neon has 30K miles on them (185/65R14) and have 8/32 of the 11/32 original. Get the H rated tires not the T as they are better overall performers for only a couple dollars a tire more.

We just got some deep (enough) snow that bottoming was an issue on my lowered car and the dig right through. Stop pretty good and turn good too. Not full blown snow tires but 100% better than my Integrity's that came on the car. They even come with a AA braking rating on the UTOG (which is 440 AA A).

I've had both on the same vehicle(s). I agree with ewetho in the fact that the T/A's are pretty good in the snow for not being a snow tire. The Allegra's are supposed to be a longer waring tire somewhere beyond 65000 miles. I think that overall you would be a little happier with the T/A's, although the Allegra's arn't too bad a tire but, I wasn't impressed with their handling and noise levels compared with the T/A's.

I don't have personal experience with either specific model but overall I would guess you would be happier with the BFG model with the exception of treadlife and rolling resistance. I would expect the Allegra's would give slightly better mpg. Tires do make a difference.

Traction T/As do everything well except ride and noise. The reinforced sizes especially so but it's always car dependant. Some vehicles just transmit more. I'm using them now and it's remarkable how good the snow and wet traction is while still being crisp with high limits in summer. They're wearing great but are loud and don't ride great.

They are quieter and better ride quality than the original Goodyear Integrity tires that came on my Neon. May not be as good as an Allegra but could not imagine it being much worse. The sidewalls are not that bad and actually thin out nicely just has a good rim protector that makes you think they have really thick sidewalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back