CAT excavator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a CAT excavator. No one will admit what oil they put in it, but it has enough dirt and diesel fuel to do it real harm.
bolinter-b3ex17.gif

Whoa, oil sheared to 20wt, Air cleaner must be not cleaning the air because of a tear/seal issue has developed.
This Cat engine is expensive, I would be chewing some rear over the maintence practices of the responsible one.
The hour engine meter for oil/airfilter change must be strickly followed.
I hope all the fuel/air/oil filters were changed and a maintence schedule was developed for this piece of equiptment. If a UOA was done someone must be responsible. "Or, were you called in to save the day"?

I'm two years into banging my head against the wall with these people. They have about 400 pieces of equipment and operators who think they know better. Got some worse ones, with viscosity at 100c over 100 cSt from soot.

Quote:

I'm two years into banging my head against the wall with these people. They have about 400 pieces of equipment and operators who think they know better. Got some worse ones, with viscosity at 100c over 100 cSt from soot.

well i'd say to #@$%! with 'em let em buy new equipment when
it breaks down or throws a bearing.

i too am an operator and always keep a close eye on my hours on what ever i'm running, when it's time for service
i run up to the shop and get it done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back