Stant InStant Fill capless fuel cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO if you happen to have a late model imports with ODB-II compliant system, it's better to stay with factory OE fuel filler cap for the sake of proper fuel tank pressure retention, granted that your state/province requires you to pass emission control exams (like us). Most aftermarket fuel filler caps may not possess the proper pressure retention/venting characteristics to the point where some of them may through you an ODB-II error code. In the case where aircare/emissions testing facilities perform filler cap pressure testing (against factory spec), these aftermarket fuel filler cap may fail as well (I have a stant locking gas cap failed on a 2001 Corolla before, and ended up purchasing a factory cap to pass aircare).

I saw them on display at an AAP a while ago, and do not recall seeing them during the most recent visit. There were only two models on display to fit many late models car/trucks. One size fit many. I did not buy one due to the same emission concerns.

oh i have a 94 civic, OBDI. I have a generic stant on right now because my oe cap wasn't cliking very well. we'll see how this goes as I have a smog check coming up.

Essentially one would have to wiggle the filler gizmo through two unleaded flap things-- one of which is blind. Wonder how many first time users will only stick it in part way, flood the area between cap and filler neck, then pull the cap off when it only took a nickel's worth of fuel, spilling gas on their shoes.
smile.gif

I put Stant locking gas caps on my 2006 Nissan Frontier, P/N 11511 and 2005 GMC Envoy P/N 11508. I assume if there were a problem the cap the "check engine light" would come on. This has not happened. The caps were of the standard locking type, not the instant fill type.

Quote:

Essentially one would have to wiggle the filler gizmo through two unleaded flap things-- one of which is blind. Wonder how many first time users will only stick it in part way, flood the area between cap and filler neck, then pull the cap off when it only took a nickel's worth of fuel, spilling gas on their shoes.
smile.gif

Thats a good point,at first it looked like a great idea but now with that common sense logic in mind i think ill pass on this one

Seriously I don't understand the need for such a device.

Are people in need of doing nascar style gas pit stops at the local shell station?

I remember seeing one of these things, how it kept your hands from getting dirty.

I pump gas all the time, my hands don't get dirty or smelly from pumping gas. And its really not that hard to open up a gas tank cap.

The only thing I can see it being useful for is if you have a collectors car, or something with very nice paint. You don't want that gas cap dangling and possibly putting a scratch in the paint.

"eliminating the hassle of removing and replacing the cap each time you refuel"

Man it's such a hassle and pain in the #@$%! to remove the gas cap and reinstall it. This product is revolutionary and boy has it been a long time coming. Really solves a major need in this country, along with a ball massager for my car seat.

Well, *I* am going to get one tomorrow..

In fact, I think this is a wonderful gadget. In fact, in fact, had I seen this thread before 9 EST, I'da run down to AA and grabbed one!

So, hang on, I'll be the guinea..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back