Well, I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that anyone else *really* cares, but today I went to AutoZone and bought five quarts of German Castrol. I haven't changed the oil and actually used them yet, but I plan on it.

I've been using Mobil 1 since the early 80's, back when you had to buy it at the Mobil gas station. In fact, I don't think I have bought a quart of conventional oil in 25+ years.

I dunno, with all the supposed changes to M1 and my paranoia (er, concern) about my Toyota 1MZ-FE engine and sludge, I just went ahead and bought the GC.

Do I feel better now? Maybe
wink.gif

I have never been a big fan of Mobil, especially XOM. I have used Mobil 1 and it's performance was fine. I don't like XOM as a company and prefer to use something not from them, or at least try.

At any rate, I've used GC in a number of applications and have had good results. I just posted a GC UOA in a 4.0 SOHC Ranger. I certainly wouldn't feel bad about using GC
grin.gif

I'm in the midst of a 7500-mile GC 0W30 OCI in my Hyundai. It's fine. And it's supposed to be thicker than other 0W's. I can't tell any difference in any of the many brands of oil I've run in this thang..

Good move. I stopped using it due to the price they are charging. IMO, there are alot of oils out there that are just as good or better than M1. I am using Pennzoil Platinum and Wally Supertech Synthetic. Amsoil SDF-15 oil filters top it off.

Quote:

You should have stuck with the M1......

Your short and trite responses(the majority of your post are such) have captured my attention. Why should he have stuck with Mobil 1? Please lend us your knowledge.

Well, I put the GC in this weekend. Lately I haven't been doing a UOA since they kept coming back OK, but I might do a test on the new oil.

I really fell off the wagon today when I bought six quarts of Quaker State synthetic at Menards. With the $15 rebate it came to under $9 for all six. A year ago I wouldn't have considered a group III like that but hey... Still though, it is going in my other car and not the 1MZ-FE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back