Synthetic ATF for 2006 Lincoln Mark LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon everyone. I am looking to change the ATF in my Lincoln Mark LT. I currently have about 17000 miles, but I am changing the ATF a little earlier for two reasons. First I mostly drive in city traffic or in the infamous Los Angeles freeway traffic. Second i am going on a 4000 mile round trip trip in Mid- December. I am looking a quality ATF that can possibly stretch a little more fuel economy. I am currently at 11.00 or so MPG so any improvement while slight is more than welcome. Also will change my differential oil to a synthetic make a diffrence? Thanks to all

PS. Thanks to this website I was turned to the green GC. I was lucky to find 15 quarts of the green GC at my local Autozone. They were all from 2002 and 2003.
cool.gif

Check your owner's manual. Some of the newer Ford offerings have a unique fluid. See what fluid the owner's manual calls for and and let us know so we can make better comments. Also, what year is your truck?

As for the synthetic diff fluid, it may already have syn in the diff. Check the metal tags on the diff.

I don't believe the diff fluid is synthetic, so I would recommend that you switch to one, it may help fuel economy a bit, Redline claims about 5% efficiency gains give or take. I swapped out my Escape's diff fluid with Redline fluid.

As for ATF if you have the new Ford 6 speed auto tranny in your truck there likely isn't any alternative fluid, though the stock fluid is likely pretty good out of the box. If you have the older 4 speed auto in there then you may be able to go to a synthetic mercon dexron III fluid. Check the owner's manual to see what the stock fluid is.

The Amsoil Universal ATF is recommended for the 2006 Lincoln Mark LT, not sure about Redline or Mobil 1. As for differential fluid, go with Amsoil or Redline in the correct viscosity that your owner's manual suggests.

Isn't that an F150???

Amsoil or M1 ATF for the tranny.

With the number of different vehicles on the road, it is difficult to know what fluid every vehicle takes. When asking for recommendations, list the requirements from the owners manual so that we can match it.

definately M1 ATF or Amsoil for the transmission. if i am not mistaken, there is no dipstick in that trans, so you just drain the pan and there is a fill plug on the side of the trans case.

there is already a synthetic fluid in the diff. should be a 75w140. although switching out the fluid is a good idea, it will get out any possible shavings from brake in. you will need to pick up the limited slip additive.

Mercon V is the recommended ATF. The manuals says that the differential comes with 75w140 SYNTHETIC comes from the factory. Any idea if switching the rear end oil to Redline, Or Amsoil will really make a difference over the factory fill?

on my Ford the differential is non-synthetic 80w-90 factory fluid, but the 75w-140 transfer case fluid is synthetic. So swapping to a synthetic differential fluid in that case is beneficial IMO. It also depends on what kind of synthetic it is as well, if it is a group 3 (more than likely for factory fluids) then you may benefit from a group 4 and 5 synthetic upgrade. I think it's worth upgrading, that's why I did it on my 06 truck.

Yes i read right of the owners manual about the synthetic rear end fluid. Which fluid would be an upgrade to my differential?

You have excellent fluids. Anything else would only be marginally better at best and very possibly not as good.

Enjoy your truck. If you have been hauling a trailer, go ahead with a trans service now, other wise leave it alone until 30,000 miles. That still agressive maintenance. Don't mess with the diff until you have at least 60,000 miles.

Quote:

You have excellent fluids. Anything else would only be marginally better at best and very possibly not as good.

Enjoy your truck. If you have been hauling a trailer, go ahead with a trans service now, other wise leave it alone until 30,000 miles. That still agressive maintenance. Don't mess with the diff until you have at least 60,000 miles.

Ooops. Agree with Big Jim. Don't waste your money dumping these good fluids so early. Service the transmission every 30K if you're doing a drain and fill. Use any synthetic fluid you like as long as it meets Mercon V specs, Amsoil and Mobil are the two most readily available but the harder-to-find Redline D4 works to. The differencial comes with synthetic fluid and there would be no gain to dumping it this early unless you've been towing heavy loads or submerged it. Many people never change their diffs, I changed mine at 60K and the old fluid looked good to me. You can find a wide variety of brands labeled 75w-140 everything from Supertech to Amsoil, you're pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back