Amsoil, who wrote this Article?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much a crock of garbage. What I don't understand is why is the root site BITOG?

Amsoil will last 10K-15K-20K and in some cases 25K. Amsoil has never made a blanket statement about 25K in all cars. He says the oil only lasts 7.5K. OK, whatever.

There is no Volvo engine called B23S. Plus I've had several Volvo's over the years, including TURBO's that I did over 10K OCI's. Engines are clean as a whistle.

Never heard of this guy or his organization - but why is BiTOG hosting his screed paper?

Amsoil stands behind their warranty.

There have been numerous UOA's here that prove his "newzletter" wrong. Also, the 25,000 miles/1 year guarantee are still on the bottles. More and more anti-Amsoil nonsense every day, I guess everyone needs something to ***** about.

Quote:

Never heard of this guy or his organization - but why is BiTOG hosting his screed paper?

I have no idea who David Solomon is. Was he a BITOG member at one time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if he was a BiTOG member or not, but April 1998 was long before BITOG.

One thing you need to realize is that the original founder of BITOG was (and still is) a Scheafer's sales guy. It was essentially a sales outlet for their products. However, the early members blew by that out of the shoot and made it a fairly independent site. Now that Tony owns the site, it is more or less fully independent. Tony has no connection to any oil company. While that silly paper remains on the server from Bob's days (now with no link) - it's no longer part of BITOG.

How did you find it?

Quote:

How did you find it?

I found it on the net a few years ago. I actually enjoy discussions involving Amsoil. I use it myself.

I love Amsoil but would never go with their recommendation just because they say jump off a bridge doesnt mean do it.

In the 80's Amsoil Diesel oil with a bypass filter was lasting 20 to 25 K in my 6.9 Diesel with analysis. I have not seen to many....very few engines go past the Severe Service recomendation of 15K without the oil being close to depleted in the last decade. I would say a safe OCI with ANY synthetic oil would be in the 12 to 15 K range with a filter change halfway through. Has anyone gone the 25 to 35 K with or without the bypass lately? and if so...any diesels or V/8 engines? Mobil (Iknow) has dropped the EP to 15 K and Redline and others are stating 12-15 K...so the 25K day's are far and few now-aday's. Can anyone think why? engine design, base oils, or fuels?
hide.gif

Quote:

very few engines go past the Severe Service recomendation of 15K without the oil being close to depleted in the last decade.

Are you talking about a Gas engine?

Why did Amsoil come up with a Severe Service recomendation?

That's part of it. I actually recommend it for PC reasons as well - to keep the snipers at bay. Bottom line? The average Joe simply does not drive 25K miles in one year - so claiming that really gained nothing.

I've seen a few cases of 25K. But it took 14-15 months. That's a long time in the old crankcase. Amsoil does not recommend this. OTOH 12-15K in one year is very doable - come take a look at my car.

Quote:

That's part of it. I actually recommend it for PC reasons as well - to keep the snipers at bay. Bottom line? The average Joe simply does not drive 25K miles in one year - so claiming that really gained nothing.(end quote)
I've seen a few cases of 25K. But it took 14-15 months. That's a long time in the old crankcase. Amsoil does not recommend this. OTOH 12-15K in one year is very doable - come take a look at my car.

Pablo, I have a friend who does 50K in one year. He bought a new 2006 Dodge Durango with the V/8 engine. The first OCI with Amsoil 5-30 was checked by Oil Analyzers and was down to about 1 TBN left and the Oxid and Nitr were right up to the max. The oil had 12K on it. He now has changed the second run of the same oil with 15K on it awaiting the analysis. The first 25K was 5K Havoline synthetic oil.

He asks if Amsoil will honor there 25K guarantee. I told him that Amsoil would say its Severe Service and the 15 K was acheivable. He does about 80% on the Highway/Freeway driving. What would Amsoils take be on this situation. By the way he is happy as a bee with the Amsoil oil and EaO filter, just wondering why he can't make 25K. Mobils guarantee is now 15K...what's up with the 25K OCI anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back