Great drag racing conditions here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I'm heading out to the dragstrip tomorrow morning to see if I can finally get my car to run a 12.99. It's best so far has been a 13.15 at 108, but the DA is considerably better right now so if the traction is good I should see my 12.9 finally.

Right now the DA here is negative 1000 feet! (actual track altitude is 600ft) Tomorrow's weather appears to be the same maybe even better (barometer is still rising!)

Tomorrow's high temp is only going to be about 40F, and the barometer right now is 30.3 and rising.

I bet NJ is going to have some killer racing conditions this weekend too (or any of the tracks on the eastern seaboard)

The Vararam + cold air should do the trick
smile.gif

Quote:

The Vararam + cold air should do the trick
smile.gif

Yep! This will be the coldest temperature I've raced my Corvette in since I got the Vararam! The barometer is now 30.4 and still rising! That would be sweet if it would get up to 30.6 or 30.7, although I have a feeling it'll probably be around 30.4 to 30.5 by the time I make my first pass down the strip around 11am tomorrow. Hopefully it's not too busy so I can hotlap the car. That's when it runs it's best.

Yeehah! As of 6am here, the barometer is 30.5 and still rising and it's only 23F! So by the time the track opens in 5 hours, conditions should be great for racing! (I don't typically have a problem getting traction, so the cold weather shouldn't hurt my launches)

I did it! I ran a new best ET yesterday, 12.81 at 109.4 mph!! I backed it up with a 12.82, 12.86 and 12.91 too.

Thanks guys! It was the best day of racing ever, because not only was the weather perfect, but traction was also very good and the track was not packed so I was able to run numerous times in a row without shutting off the engine. This is what my car likes best, if I shut it off and cool it down it runs slower, if I make a number of passes in a row, it runs quicker.

Nice job, Patman! It must be nice to get a day of racing in before the track is shut down for the winter!

Quote:

Nice job, Patman! It must be nice to get a day of racing in before the track is shut down for the winter!

Most definitely! The track is open for the entire month of November too! But I'm done for this year, that time was way better than I expected, and I like to go out on a high note.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back