redline racing oils- no HTHS listed on their site

Status
Not open for further replies.
They list it here for their standard oils, but not here for the racing oils.

Does anyone know where to get that info?

Friend is running redline 40wt racing oil in my old Z06 that I sold to him. The motor has been upgraded with head and cam work. Its now 462rwhp and 421 rwtq. He has an oil cooler and the oil temp still gets up to 300°f in a 30 min session on a roadcourse.

How would the redline 30wt racing oil preform? I am thinking that the oil temps would be a little lower with the 30wt.

I suspect the reason Redline does not post HT/HS for their racing oils is that it is quite low compared to their street oils. Low HT/HS viscosity is required to be competitive for HP on the track. On the street they advertise high HT/HS as protection and cover up the HP loss with hype.

An old race trick is to run real thin oil to qualify, and go for something safer to race. Now, many are going thin all the way.

Not a popular opinon, but I believe it is correct. See this for all the varying opinions.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/s...part=1&vc=1

Quote:

Quote:

Try emailing them.

Yeah, or even try giving them a call, or maybe write a letter.

crackmeup.gif

Sheesh, the valuable advice this guy dishes out is just amazing.

Quote:

They list it here for their standard oils, but not here for the racing oils.

Friend is running redline 40wt racing oil in my old Z06 that I sold to him. The motor has been upgraded with head and cam work. Its now 462rwhp and 421 rwtq. He has an oil cooler and the oil temp still gets up to 300°f in a 30 min session on a roadcourse.

How would the redline 30wt racing oil preform? I am thinking that the oil temps would be a little lower with the 30wt.

what does redline use for base oil? dino groupIII oils or PAO lubricants?
hornets_nest.gif

Ester is the major component of the base oil. However its highly debatable what else is in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back