Wiper Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a pair of Bosch Icon wiper blades to replace my Toyota blades. Are Bosch blades good compared to other after market blades?
cheers.gif

I use Bosch Icon on one car and Valeo flat blade on the other. After 6 months of use there is no difference in performance. I guess Bosch is no better or worse..

I just paid 30.00 for a pair so I hope that they preform well and last a little longer than my toyota blades did.

6 months or a year is what you'll get. I've had some WM blades that I got only 4 months on but they cost $6 a pair.

The California desert sun is rather tough on rubber. Wiper blades last considerably longer where you don't get much sun (and, ironically, a lot of rain), and if the car is garaged. My wiper blades last on average about 4 years.

I use to buy the $2.50 pylon wipers from walmart till they decided to switch Manufacturing to china. they lasted pretty freakin long. Im now looking into the new Jamak Glider wiper blades. They are the same as the Bosch Icons except they are avaliable for $11 each at walmart.
http://www.jamakwipers.com/glider.php

Quote:

Poster: Kestas
Subject: Re: Wiper Blades

The California desert sun is rather tough on rubber. Wiper blades last considerably longer where you don't get much sun (and, ironically, a lot of rain), and if the car is garaged. My wiper blades last on average about 4 years.

Wow! Kestas, your wiper blades do a better job measuring the amount of sun we (don't) get in lower Michigan than the $8,000 dollar weather station I have at work! This fall has been a real dud.

I've lived in California for a year and seen what damage the sun can do. The wipers on my sister's car in California actually smeared rubber onto the glass, making an awful chatter when we used them.

I keep not only my windshield clean, but I often clean the wiper blades. The blade edge usually stays intact. They get replaced when the rubber starts cracking at the hinge where it flip-flops.

I tend to put the cheapest blades I can find on my cars now. I have tried Bosch and a few other ones and the only difference was the price. The most I will get out of a set is 9 months to a year and than they start falling apart.

Same here. The hard part is finding a 24" blade for my wife's Taurus that doesn't chatter. I think Bosch is probably the best with Anco a close second. Tire Rack has some new wipers that are supposed to be real good but they cost a ton.

The Bosch Icon blades are excellent, I have a pair on my STi and also installed a pair on my GF's Audi A4 about 4 months ago (I've had mine for probably 6 months). They work great in both applications. Prior to the Icons I was using the similar Valeo blades on my STi. They worked great too. In my somewhat limited experience with this new wiper blade design, I feel it is superior to the older style blades such as the Bosch Micro Edge.

Older style I'm referring to:
wipers.JPG

Compared to the Bosch Icon:
B000BZAXME.01-A3DWJ95CJL3OHA._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I've been changing my own wiper blades since the early 60's. I've used many different brands and they all worked just fine. So I also don't think there's much difference between brands, except price. I just get one of the cheaper brands sold at the Walmart

Been using BOSCH since the 80s, best performance, life is almost same but they outperform OEMs and other brands on market.

I've been using the Bosch Micro Edge Excel with better success than with most other brands. I have been getting about 3 years out of them before replacing. So for me, the cost is justified. With other brands, I was replacing them every year. I tried winter blades and was replaing them every year as well.

I put the Icons on my daily driver a few months ago and so far so good. They work very well and they're quiet. The test will be how long they last (better be a while at that price...)

DakAttack, thanks for the hint on the Jamak blades. I'll keep an eye open for some.

Wiper blades have been a pet peeve of mine forever. I mean really, how hard can it be to come up with some that won't take a permanent set when parked at the bottom of the windshield, then chatter like crazy when used?

I think I'll try the Bosch Icon or Trico Innovision wipers and see how they perform.

The Jamak Glider blades at Wal Mart did not work well on my car..there were obvious streaks in key vision areas, and they didn't fit the arm very well.
crushedcar.gif

The Michelin blades at Wal Mart seem quite good and good value.
fruit.gif

I also use the Trico Winter blades. I look for good blades but normally not super expensive since I change every 6 months.

Been using/selling ANCO Reflex (series 91) blades for years. Premium blades, prmium price. Few comebacks, when I do have a complaint I replace with new, put used in box and return to my supplier(O Riley Resale) marked "DEFECT". Never been questioned or refused.

Bob

Quote:

The Michelin blades at Wal Mart seem quite good and good value.
fruit.gif

The GF and I were disappointed in the Michelin's from Waldo-World,,The Luxor brand that they replaced were really good wiper blades. We purchased Trico blades for the winter season at AAP..The total for all three was about $16 for all three and they put them on promptly and free. Note that they are on sale thru Saturday 25% off regular prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back