Winterforce Snow Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good reviews at tirerack, has anyone here ever used them?
patriot.gif

I've got 2 winters on my set for 2005 Corolla.

They work well with my 100+ mile commute.

I did not get them studded.

Here are the tires with about 14k miles.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Take care, Bill
patriot.gif

Last edited:
They work well enuff for little old me.

This winter will be the third year that all those little snipe things will be making contact with the frigid planet's surface and all the stuff accumulating upon it that settles down from the skies.

Man, if I was a professional commuter, and had any reasonable snow encounters during my winter season ..those babies would be studded. I got 4 studded snows for my mother's cars. She got 6 seasons out of them (mounted on their own rims) ..but she only had a 20 miles one way commute.

We don't get much snow here, usually, but when we do, the freeze/thaw day/night: sunlight/shade effect typically takes its toll on our naive and inexperienced local population.

I run Winterforce studded on my Eagle Vision and also run them studded on a Chevy Trailblazer, Very good snow tire, especially a great value for the money. The only downfall I see with them is that they are directional so rotation is limited. For a little more money, I run the Cooper Discoverer M&S (a dedicated severe use snow tire) on my Silverado 2500HD and love them. I run them studded too, I wouldn't go into winter without a studded tire.

I have 2 complete sets of Winteforce tires. Use them on a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan and 92 Chevy Lumina 4 Door sedan. They work great on both vehicles and it looks like I will get at least 5 winters out of them before needing replaced. I have 3 winters on one set and they still look like they have about 80% tread left on them. If money were no object, then I might go with Blizzaks, but the best bang for the buck is the Winterforce.

I tried to buy some for a Taurus, but after calling back to schedule an installation from a local dealer they were already back ordered in the Portland area. Costco only had one set of Michelin X Ice left in the size that I needed, but I prefer studded. I tried to install a set of 15in Hakkas on 15in steel rims on our car which has 16in wheels, the diameter was the same, they were a litle narrower, load range was good, I suggested a trail fit of the rims but the dealer said that they would work fine per his catalog, and they didn't fit. This was after ordering the tires the day before, waiting for the truck to get thru the snowed in passes, telling the guys that they could do our car last. After some groans, subdued words not suitable for G rated movies, we ended up putting on some slightly wider and very slightly shorter Hakkas on the OEM rims. They're more expensive tires than I wanted but they have 2mm more tread depth than the other Hakkas, I got free studs as they forgot to include them in the quote, but at least we're done with the seasonal winter tire circus. Well, not quite as I still need to get a set of winter rims before the season is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back