Whats going on with my balance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that I have a strange tire balance problem. On the way to work in the morning, I notice no vibration in the wheel. However on the way home in the afternoon, the tires seem out of balance and there is vibration in the wheel. What is going on here? Is the temp. of 45-50 in the morning and 70-75 in the afternoon doing this? Same road both ways.

Tend to agree with ewetho. When you get home in the evening, turn around and head back down the road to work and see if shake is there or only on lane home.

Bob

Might have also picked up some water from moisture in an airline (Sometimes there not drained down properly and you would be shocked how much water you could get.

I've pondered this a bit ..but it's got some oddities to it that needs another question answered.

Do the imbalance occur at a certain point on the return trip? That is, I'm leaning toward some heat component. If you don't encounter it on the way in ..and don't immediately encounter it on the way back, then it just means that you don't travel long enough at the starting temp to have the same thing occur then. Likewise, on the way home, you reach that threshold where the problem occurs since you're now driving on much warmer pavement with warmer tires.

If this is the case, and you don't find some oddity in the road surface, then I'm still at a loss of what would be a "recurring" problem. Having it come and go would be very unusual.

I'd just rotate the tires to get rid of it ..otherwise (sometimes you can tell which tire is the offending one) I'd have both front tires broken down and rebalanced after inspecting inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back