Using 10W-30 instead of 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oil has been changed with Chevron Supreme 10W-30! Much to my delight, when I fired up the engine, it did not explode. My lawn didn't turn brown, my dog didn't run away and my computer hard drives did not get formatted. Thanks all!!!
grin.gif

Quote:

The oil has been changed with Chevron Supreme 10W-30! Much to my delight, when I fired up the engine, it did not explode. My lawn didn't turn brown, my dog didn't run away and my computer hard drives did not get formatted. Thanks all!!!
grin.gif

No....that all happens on the second day.
banana.gif

I bought my first car after being separated from military service and entering college in 1966. In that time, I've used 10W-30 oil for most of our vehicles (over 15), with no evidence of a problem of any kind relating to that oil. Most of these vehicles were used, with mileages running from the 30Ks to 180Ks. Some non-turbo, some turbo. I did eventuall switch to 5W-30 for the turbos, on the advice of a mechanic....but I never had any problems with the 10W-30 I used previously. As for brands, Kendall, Quaker State, and Pennzoil. It should probably be noted that all these cars had O&F changed religiously at 3K. My total lack of engine oil - related problems would appear to indicate that these are pretty good lubricants for our environment (central IL).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back