Rubber Preservative/Lube: Survey of Best Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they're not the "same thing" but they are made by the same company.

Lexol leather care products are formulated for leather only. While they may be safe to use on rubber, plastic, vinyl or other similar item, they're made specifically for use on leather.

Vinylex is their water-based PDMS dressing made for use on rubber, vinyl and other "non leather" items. It contains a suncreen ingredient to help reduce fading and drying of petro-plastics. Vinylex does not have the conditioning oils found in Lexol that help restore the softness to leather items.

Two different (but very good) products made for different uses.

Quote:

Well, I have to go with Krytox. On my 1994 Corvette, which I bought new, I used Armer All or STP Son of a Gun to maintain my weatherstrips and seals. Well, about 2 years after buying it I had to replace all the weatherstrips due to decaying and brittleness...but they were shiny! So, then after replacement I used Vasiline, worked okay but was greasy and messy and dried quick. I also used Die-electric grease (was recommended by the owner's manual). Well, you guessed it - dried out seals again - but lasted 4 years. Now I use Krytox and they seals still look great and are pliable as new. Been over 5 years. Krytox works - and is worth every penny.

I don't need to read Avanti63's upcoming test.
I'm happy with Krytox and your testimonial also shows the positive use of Krytox.
Many times one does get what they pay for and this is one of those times.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back