Zipp wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than being very expensive, they seem to be a decent set of wheels. Super deep aero profile, carbon (?) materials. Are you specifically looking at Zipp or would you be willing to use another brand?

I want to see what my options are and am trying to figure out whether they are worth their prices and whether there are wheels as good as them for lesser price.

What are you planning on doing with them, what kinda riding, what kinda bike...to many questions to give a good opinion just yet. But everyone in cycling knows the Zipp name and what to expect...so you cant really go wrong, but there are certain applications where is not such a good idea...and others where its just bling.

Is there a specific model that you are looking at? Got links?

If you race, for prize money, and are good at it, then go for the Zipps. IMHO, spending $2000 for a set of daily ridden wheels for the casual rider is a waste. I have a decent set of Shimano 550's for which I paid $230. Search Colorado Cyclist, Performance Bike, Nashbar, and Bicycle Tires. I would paste the links but you know...just delete the spaces in between, add a "www" in front of, and a ".com" behind and you'll have the link.

I think that there are a lot of choices out there.

The owner of ZIPP was going to have a presentation so I wanted to know more about their products beforehand.

I went to local bike shops for my research. They've got amazing products. I never thought that a wheel or a handlebar could be so light. If I were a road bike rider, I would consider using their products.

But I ride a mountain bike.

I ride with a guy that has Zipp wheels. He can go faster than me on the downhills & he seems more steady. He swears by the Zipp wheels. If you've got the cash, go for it. If not, look at Mavic's high-end road wheels. A set of top-shelf Mavic wheels can be had for less than half that of a set of Zipps, & nobody short of a pro racer should be able to tell any difference, performance-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back