Kaizen at work, at Lexus dealerships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I pulled up for a typical Lexus 30k service:

Replace Engine Oil and Filter
Rotate Tires and Inspect Brakes
Replace Engine Coolant (N/A for 03+ models with Toyota Pink)
Replace Brake Fluid
Replace Engine Air Filter (A/C Filter done every 22.5k)
Bunch of inspections

I read the link, it makes sense to me. It's good to see that some places still practice the lost art of customer service. Around here, that 'my give a dam's busted' bumper sticker is getting real popular.

I guess if you do enough inspections, it could take 90 minutes.

I see no value in those inspections. I already pay $20 a year for a state-mandated safety inspection. I'm not going to pay a dealer more for more inspections.

"Parts managers discuss complex service jobs with technicians in the service bay"

I'm calling Shenannigans on that one.

It is more then just changing the oil, especially as I see the industry adpoting a rule that VW, Lexus, and amd many others already have in place.

2 year brake fluid replacement mandatory regardless of mileage. Makes sense especially with sensitive ABS systems.

Most of the "Lexus lovers" I know practically demand this level of service. You know they can afford it, why not give it to them? Calling Lexus owners, "a notoriously finicky bunch" is almost an understatement.

"It's about delivering the unexpected."

"This is the future of service."

When we have Kaizen events at work here, we get free food for participating on the team.

Kaizen = good
cheers.gif

I like the cart that follows four techs around. I guess the dealer buys their tools? Who'd want to mix their stuff in the communal cart?

Servicing a car isn't delivering a pizza. I'd hate to have my spark plugs removed from a warm head or cold coolant dumped in a hot block.

Warm is ideal and it takes a lot more of a temperature differential in a hot block to crack it then room temp. coolant.

Speaking of delivering pizza, if they really wanted the least customer down time possible, they could have a mobile service tech van come out to the car's location and take care of most things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back