there I go thinking again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get something. If alternative fuels such as propane, CNG, LNG, etc... burn so clean, then why change oil?? I know nothing is perfect but referring to the title of my thread here, if you took say a car or truck that run on either any of these gases, take LNG for instance, then why change the oil?? Maybe just replace the filter every so often and top off oil as necessary?? AR

When I was in college, I worked at a KMart garage. There was this old fella that came in with his C25 occasionally so we could change his oil. First time was quite a surprise for me. I removed the drain plug and watched what looked like NEW oil come out. I checked with him how long it had been in there, perhaps his wife had it changed VERY recently without him knowing? He smiled and assured me it had been in there about 3,500 miles and 4 months. Then he let me in on a little secret (which became obvious when I looked under the hood), it had been converted to LPG. I know looks aren't everything for judging used oil, but this was bulk QS of the mid eighties. I was VERY impressed.

Dave

[ August 18, 2005, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: n8wvi ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back