My mountain bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the Black Stallion, all cleaned up in preperation for a 4-hour Saturday morning training ride with my MTB racing team.

-

My team & I are in training for the 24 hours at Conyers, GA, the last weekend in May.

Cool bike. My Diamond Back bike isn't really meant for off road use since it doesn't have any shocks. Don't forget to check the oil on the chain. Do you wax the bike too?

By the way nice cat.

quote:

Originally posted by lpcmidst128:
Cool bike.....Don't forget to check the oil on the chain. Do you wax the bike too?

By the way nice cat.

Thanks for the compliment. I never forget to check the lube on the chain.
smile.gif
No, I don't wax the bike. It is black anodized aluminum, & the lettering is laser-etched. I just wash it with good old soap & water. I used purple power degreaser on the chain & rear gear cassette.

The cat is NOT nice.
wink.gif
It's simply ever-present, so I didn't attempt to move it when I took the picture.

Nice.

I don't know much about mountain bikes, but I can really appreciate the components and other shiny bits. It looks to be beautifully made.

Jim 5,

Thanks for the kind words. It is definitely a rolling piece of artwork. Every Ellsworth Truth frame is handmade in Ramona, CA. They are very, very nice.
smile.gif

Wow,really nice Ellsworth,one of the best mountain bikes,,I also have a white cat almost a twin to yours,I had a cat long time ago that would ride on my shoulder (wore a denium jacket,claws),when biking,really got the stares,BL

That is a nice bike! I have a Hard Rock Sport Specialized that has the shocks on the front but I would like to get a dual suspension bike. Have been looking at some D/S Treks and Specialized bikes but just have'ne saved the money yet.

quote:

Originally posted by 2004 F150 4x4:
That is a nice bike! I have a Hard Rock Sport Specialized that has the shocks on the front but I would like to get a dual suspension bike. Have been looking at some D/S Treks and Specialized bikes but just have'ne saved the money yet.

Definitely save up until you can afford what you want. If you skimp on quality components, the service life will be greatly diminished.

My bike as pictured above went for right at $3k, when I bought it in 2003. It has served me well.
smile.gif

That look like a nice setup and alot of bike for 3K. I defintely like that rear suspension design. Do they have a website that might show a dealer in my area.

quote:

Originally posted by 2004 F150 4x4:
That look like a nice setup and alot of bike for 3K. I defintely like that rear suspension design. Do they have a website that might show a dealer in my area.

I got it on sale. I did not buy mine from a local dealer. I got it online from the Colorado Cyclist.

Yes, Ellsworth has a website. It is: www.ellsworthbikes.com They have a dealer locator on their website, but there are not a lot of dealers, since these are niche bikes, & are very expensive.

Updated pics. Since the last picture was posted, I have installed:
New Fox Vanilla R 130 fork
New Mavic X3.1 rims on XT disc hubs
New Easton Monkeylite Carbon Fiber handlebar

-

This time without the cat in the picture? I noticed that you tied the cable slack with plastic ties. Use black ones to match the bike. Do some of those upgrades reduce the overall weight? I don't know a whole lot about bike components.

quote:

Originally posted by lpcmidst128:
This time without the cat in the picture? I noticed that you tied the cable slack with plastic ties. Use black ones to match the bike. Do some of those upgrades reduce the overall weight?....

Nope, no cat in this pic. She was safe inside. This picture was taken in the garage, where I was in the process of moving stuff around, so I could clean up a half-gallon used oil spill. Stupid me, putting used oil in a plastic milk jug. Jug sprung a leak from the bottom, giving me a well-lubed garage floor. BAD wavinwayne, BAD!!!
mad.gif
nono.gif

I only had white zipties on hand when I needed them, so......

No, none of the upgrades have been made to reduce weight. I approach upgrades from a performance first, weight second....or third.....or fourth, perspective. I got the Fox fork because I wanted a coil spring fork for the "cush factor". The old air fork was stiffer & I didn't much like it. The carbon fiber riser handlebar was to help with some back trouble that I have. The new wheels were because I wore the other set out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back