Mobil 1 T&SUV (Delvac 1) *CANT FIND! AAAAHH!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Just switch brands. There are many great oils out there, that match if not surpass the oil brand you desire.
canada.gif

If you know of a oil that gives better UOA `s on a LR4 Chevy please tell.My tracking of various oils in my truck ended with Delvac as being the best for my driving habits.If its not broken then theres no reason to fix it.Unless your bored or like to tinker.

Funny you mentioned that.That is what I`m using on this OCI.Oil consumption has gone up quite a bit.1 quart in 5 k compared to Delvac 1.I`m running a 12 K OCI on this.Delvac showed good numbers at 15 k OCI`s for me. This is with a small bypass filter also in the system FWIW.

Switching brands will do that sometimes. I wonder if Delvac one is containing Group III basestock like Mobil other synthetic offerings.

To summarize:
Mobil 1 T&SUV (formerly Mobil Delvac 1) 5w-40 SL/CI+ was replaced by Mobil 1 T&SUV 5w30 SL (NON-Diesel) as noted below. No telling how many diesels were damaged by not catching this fundamental change when Mobil took a respected name and changed what it did.
Where to go from here. If you have an older car that would benefit from HDEO, or a diesel, you can switch brands, looking for CI or CI+ rating and 5w-40 if synthetic. The names to look for is Rotella T, Archer and Delo (read the labels carefully). Do NOT fall for labels that imply but do not show the real certification label.

Some good news, I do not know if we are seeing old stock or if this is replenished pipeline, but I am seeing Mobil 5w-40 CI+ at truck stops and "rural" big box stores. Another place to get it is at truck repair shops that have Delvac signs on the outside of their shops.
A plea, could someone provide the product scan code for this "new" 5w-40? Most places will order it at no extra charges if you can provide the code.

I have a suspicion that the "cheaper" T&SUV 5W-40 formula is gone and TDT 5W-40 is identical to D1 once again. Cant wait to see some VOA's to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back