Delvac 1 in 505.01 application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link

This guy is teaming up with George Morrison over at AVLube for his experiment. George posted in that thread, check out his response:

quote:

This scene has been taking place an awful lot lately at our Mobil Store..
A very new looking TDI drives up, the driver gets out with a grin on is face and says "I'm back George! The warranty is over on my TDI and I am finished with that XXXX oil and back to Delvac 1". So far all oil analysis results I have seen have indicated a decrease in wear metals, etc.. I would very much like someone to share how a full group IV synthetic 40W is going to cause cam issues, especially with its robust anti-wear package to boot, vs. a group II+ or Group III containing far less addization... Please enlighten.. I am missing something......
George

Michael,
I'm the guy conducting the "experiment" with Delvac 1. I'll be posting my results both here and at TDIClub.
a4tdi

Thanks.
cheers.gif

You sure are, one brave soul!

I'll be at 3k soon on the Delvac and will do a UOA sampling at that time. I should have it posted in a couple of weeks.
Stand by...
a4tdi

Those TDI guys are funny! Discourages me from wanting a TDI. I like to experiment and hate being told I'm going to blow up something....

The TDI guys know how lousy dealer service is and don't want people to void their warranty. It is nothing but 505.01 or 506.01 in my TDI until I hit 60k miles. After that, it'll probably be Rotella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back