Lets Talk Soda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my problem is i cant stand plain water. its boring, its tasteless and it doesnt do anything for me. i might as well be swallowing gulps of air.

i am a diet coke addict. i could nail down a 12 pack a day easy, sometimes 18 if i was pulling an all nighter.
sence ive gotten on this diet thing i have also tried to quit foods that are not so good for me, including diet coke.
but you know what i am addicted to diet coke. if i dont have any for a few days i get terrible headaches, i get cranky like a woman on the rag.
so i have restricted myself to 1-2 diet cokes a day. the headaches stopped, im no longer cranky now that i get my fix.
i wish i could quit but im addicted.
i have tried tea, thats just terrible stuff. and its terribly inconvient that you have to make youre drink before you can drink it. with diet coke, you pop the top and chug one 2 or three down.
so i have been trying to drink more water but like i said, i cant stand the bland lack of a taste.
the sobe life water is pretty good though, i have been buying cases of that.
i feel like ill never be able to give up diet coke. i feel like a drug addict. i quit smoking cold turkey but i cant quit diet coke.

Funny i use to be the same way for about 4 years, now i won't touch the stuff though. I can definitely relate to getting headaches if i didn't have any of it, whether it was from caffeine withdrawals or aspartame withdrawals i don't know, but i remember feeling very sick when that happened.

I don't like the bland taste of water either, but I was blessed with a system that creates kidney stones if I don't drink enough water.

1st kidney stone had me drinking more water. 2nd had me drinking a LOT more. No more stones...

Same deal with my sensitve teeth. Makes me brush them everytime I eat something sweet. No cavities in 20+ years

This is kind of strange. Last year, while visiting my inlaws in Florida, we were eating at a place in Clearwater called Cody's Roadhouse. Food was awesome, but the fountain Coke was unreal. It had a creamy taste to it. I asked the waitress if they knew why, she had no clue. About two weeks ago, we were there again and I couldn't wait to have another Coke there. This time I could taste the chlorine from the tap water. It was nasty. Good thing they had Sam Adams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back