Wife did a chicken yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moribundman
If we ever put a Bitog cookbook together, I hope you'll include the recipie for spinach, pine nut , pork chitlins.
smile.gif

quote:

Moribundman
If we ever put a Bitog cookbook together, I hope you'll include the recipie for spinach, pine nut , pork chitlins.

There's more from where that came...
wink.gif

As much time as I like for lunch, 2hrs 15mins today. Basically I have a budget ($10.5 m) and what I do with my time is my business as long as I 'make my numbers'. Ducks guts is an expression eg. It's the best thing going. Key Wat is a spicy reddish beef stew that tastes amazing but totally the opposite of Pakistani/Indian which is also a favourite. And yes I've had Key Lime Pie, one of the better deserts from America. Chitlins you can keep if you don't mind. Anyone tried Kangaroo, Possum, Emu, or Crocodile?

I've had Skippy and Croc. I'll pass on the other two. Had Buffalo from the Northern Territory a few yrs back, leanest meat I've eaten. Is Buff available in the States?
ps. Jamie Oliver has THE best spag bol recipe. It's in his best book by far 'Jamies Dinners'. Spag bol heaven to be sure!

We cook 'roo reasonably regularly. There's a local resteraunt "secret creek" that does the most tender, tasty roo (and steak).

Only crocodile that I've ever eaten was in the form of jerky...greasy texture, and horrible taste/eftertaste.

Another resteraunt that's not here anymoe used to cook buffalo with a plum joo (spelling ?) that was awesome.

I'd like to try some bison at soime stage...apparently bison would be far better for the Oz landscape than the cows that we use now. Beefallo (bison hybrid) are starting to come downunder.

Shannow, bison is excellent. I had some in Wyoming a few years ago.

XS650, I don't need antibiotics. The dog will get rid of the spaggy bol:

-

Disclaimer: I have no idea what those bulging things on the right side are.

sprint,
they were an iconic restaurant in town, a couple with some sense and passion.

They became grandparents, and (I think) decided that closing at 1AM 6 nights a week was not conducive to happy granparenting.

So they got day jobs, and lease out the restaurant.

Secret Creek is also a quoll sanctuary (another passionate guy)

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
Shannow, bison is excellent. I had some in Wyoming a few years ago.

XS650, I don't need antibiotics. The dog will get rid of the spaggy bol:

-

Disclaimer: I have no idea what those bulging things on the right side are.

Maybe you're just happy to see the dog?
shocked.gif

My old dog loved spaggy bol, too.

I only eat the new high protein kind of sketti, whole wheat, and my wife lets me do the Bolognese. (Hold the roo, mate, while I do the Bol!)

I think maybe thse Aussies are discovering we have a sense of humor, after all.

Yes we have bison ('mercan bufalo) and beefalo (cow bison hybrid) Both are GREAT. Beefalo tastes like beef is supposed to taste!

quote:

I've had Skippy and Croc. I'll pass on the other two. Had Buffalo from the Northern Territory a few yrs back, leanest meat I've eaten. Is Buff available in the States?

If you check that manifest are you talking water buffalo or bison? Bison came from Norte Amerika. Water buffalo I had in China - it was OK - but the Chinese have problems with big meat. (otherwise great native cuisine - IN country)

Never gnawed on a croc. I've had gator numerous times. Gator on a stick is pretty much like chicken.......

Is croc like gator?

Americans are afraid of skippy on the barbie. I don't understand this reluctance to eat cute fuzzy marsupials.

I would like to dine on the vast quantity of deer like criters in Africa. I am always wondering what they would be like on the table as I wander through the zoo.

Pablo,
the buffalo that we get is water buffallo, which are a noxious pest up North of the country.

I'd guess that crocodile and 'gator (maybe even caiman)would be similar...maybe more adrenilan flavour in the crocs, 'cause they are very agro creatures.

quote:

I think maybe thse Aussies are discovering we have a sense of humor, after all.

Steady on mate.

As to skippy on the barby, there's a few restaurants that sell the "coat of arms", kangaroo and emu on opposite sides of the plate. That proved that a lot of animal libbers have no sense of humour

(speaking of humour, our government signed a treaty prohibiting the hunting of water buffalo due to their being an "endangered species"...which they are in their native countries...in spite of them being a declared noxious pest in this country)

Pablo,
they cooked it just like a good thick steak, and would only go medium rare (medium at a push).

My forced induction hibachi would probably do the trick.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
in the Romertopf - just the right spices and herbs.

Wow did we enjoy it. Meat fell off the bones....flavor better than any Aussie chicken....I made the gravy, naturally.

Heaven. Just ate the remainder for lunch, with collards and peppers.

I bought a cooked chicken from Target last night...It also had the just the right spices and herbs...I wouldn't have believed it unless I ate it..The meat also fell off the bones...For $4.99 I thought that was a steal...I will be buying alot more in the near future!!!

BTW Publix down here sells cooked chickens for 7 bucks a piece and they not nearly as good and are alot smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back