2003 Honda 954 RR motorcycle with Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry accidently hit enter so I had a partial posting on this

Bike 2003 Honda 954 inline 4
Oil Amsoil motorcyle 10w40
Miles on bike 8500
miles on oil 2250
Bike ridden agressively on street and Very HARD on the Racetrack doing 2 track days on this sample (track day consists of 6 sessions of 20 minute balls to the wall closed circuit at mid ohio).

Iron 35
lead 4
copper 8
Tin 0
alum 49!!
Si 12

TBN 9.74
Fuel Vi at 100 10.03
Nit 12
Oxid 14

They said this is normal break in for the aluminum but I dont know how this bike couldnt be broken in already, I ride it like its stolen.

why does this look like its a 30wt oil? there isnt any fuel dilution. I thought oil thickened?

The gearbox is really tough on the oil. Mighty Delvac 1 sheared to 11.5 cSt in my Honda VFR in 1000 miles.

So would I be better off running a 20w50 synthetic? So when it shears down it will still be a good 40 wt oil? Think I will get better wear numbers with it? Also is this change interval ok? I was hoping to space it out to at least 3K and about 5 track days but I am not sure if its a good idea to try to push any more miles/ track days out this oil. Any input on this? is there anything I can add to increase the viscosity that doesnt contain moly? I would hate to run this to 4K and see 100-150ppm of aluminum...

I'd think Honda knows the oil is going to shear so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Because of the Al levels you might want to try something else.

Is Mobil MX4T available near you?

The crazy thing is that honda recommends changing their dino oil formula every 8K miles in the owners manual! Crap I wouldnt leave this in for 8K let alone honda stuff! their stuff would be a zero wt oil at that interval. I think I am going to go with a 20w50 and do another analysis. See what she likes better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back