Do an Auto-RX Before Switching Over to GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am GC's newest "FNG" so please don't knock me too much, or at least don't scare away the little green elves.

Question about GC / Auto-RX / Oil-in-General / Advice:
I have always ran Royal Purple 10W-30 in the Z-28 (for 71K), however for some idiotic reason I decided to try M1 10W-30 (the worst GM and LS1 motor oil ever) in my last oil change. Immediately upon filling up the Z w/ M1, my engine started to become noisy...suprise...suprise. So what do I do? I turned around 600M later and dump out the crape M1 and replaced it back w/ RP. After roughly 1K Miles, the noise is still present. So in return and after doing many extensive hours of on-line research in the last couple of days, the green elves have started talking to me. Yesterday I ran out on the "hunt" for GC and on my first visit to my local AZ, I found 13Qts of GC. So I raided them of 12Qts of the M04 batch leaving them and everybody else in my tracks with 1Qt of the M03 batch...HeHe...I am ready to part with RP and am eagerly waiting to try GC.

So finally here comes the question:
Would you guys recommend "flushing" out my engine before I let the green touch it?

If so, how would you suggest going about it (I have heard great reviews about Auto-Rx)? Or is there other methods that are just as good as using Auto-RX?

If I do use Auto-RX, do I have to follow there advice by switching to dino for the cleaning and rinsing phases? If so, would it harm my engine any since I have been using synthetic since almost day one?

Thanks,
Sean M. Pittman,
1995 Mustang GT 5.0 HO
2001 Chevy Camaro Z-28
2001 Honda Magna (Hence the SN),

I wouldn't.
I'd go straight to using your newfound GC.
Enjoy
spaz.gif

I hate to write this -- but -- realize that GC is becoming sparse and you may not be able to find it. Unless you have a huge stash of it - dare I write it - (gulp) you may want to find an oil you can readily find. Sorry gremlins.
freak2.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BigDenCCMD:
I hate to write this -- but -- realize that GC is becoming sparse and you may not be able to find it. Unless you have a huge stash of it - dare I write it - (gulp) you may want to find an oil you can readily find. Sorry gremlins.
freak2.gif

gremlins? GREMLINS? nein nein nein They are Elves....E....L....V....E...S. Ok, now that's settled.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back