Are you running GC in a toyota engine? Post up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just interested... whos running GC in a toyota engine? What are your results? I have the 4.0 V-6 and I am hoping it will quiet down my noisey lifters.

any other toyo motors post up as well!

GC has quieted down many an engine my friend. I don't have a Toyota, but I see no reason why the Green wouldn't do wonders in it...
grin.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:
GC has quieted down many an engine my friend. I don't have a Toyota, but I see no reason why the Green wouldn't do wonders in it...
grin.gif
cheers.gif

I can't hardly wait to change my oil, but Its got fresh amsoil in her with only 3200 miles on it, so I will have to wait.
dunno.gif

AMSoil should be running quiet in that engine. Mobil 1 5W-30 and a Wix filter in my V8 4runner is quiet and just got changed last week.
cheers.gif

I actually dont know if its the lifters or the fuel injectors ticking, but its a common complaint in the 4.0 V-6... dealers tell me to pound sand...

quote:

Originally posted by daemonite:
scion tc, 2azfe...

runs good...i beat on my car regularly and i have about 5,000 more miles till analysis...

How long are your OCI with GC?

10,000 miles....

i changed the initial factory fill @ 1500 with castrol syntec blend, then...changed it with GC @ 5000 and running the GC all the way to 10,000.

Analysis @ 5k and 10k

Don't know what happened to EKPOLK, but he was having great success with GC in his Toyota, I believe and posted a uoa w/ particle count.

Search engine shows quite a few uoa's.

quote:

Originally posted by Boaz:
I actually dont know if its the lifters or the fuel injectors ticking, but its a common complaint in the 4.0 V-6... dealers tell me to pound sand...

I'd guess you're hearing injector noise and not the lifters. The 3.4L in my 4Runner has that problem although I can only hear them when I'm standing by the front of the vehicle with the engine running.

I used GC in with good results but It's so hard to find around here I went back to M1.

Run what makes you feel good. If green elixer makes you feel you are making it run better or last longer run it. It is hard to tell what your noise is from my monitor. you have the variable timing and such it could be fromthe hydraulic mechanism operating the timing, or it could be the injectors.. a common noise in the previous generation 3.4 v-6 like Jsharp and myself have.

My opinion is that engine oil brand is of little significance for that motor. The Green color is kind of cool but that also comes with Schaeffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back