GC in slow reving truck motors = KaBang?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read all these posts on the GC, I wonder if it would pose any problems in a low reving V8, in highly loaded vehicle like a truck. Seems like most of you guys are using the stuff in high winding Japanese and European motors. Would I be endangering the lower end?

My car has an LS1 and I used it for 10,000 miles. Latman has used it in his LT1 and LS1 as well. Many LS1/LS6 owner has used it with good results. You should search the UOA section.

I'd say(guess) that with a decent HTHS, you would be pretty safe under lugging type conditions compared to a dino a grade or two heavier that gets there via VII.

I think, given its physical and chemical chracteristics, it will prove to be ideal for the engine and conditions you describe.

My two work Ford Aerostars (4.0L OHV 230,000 miles and 305,00 miles) and my boat towing AWD 4.0L OHV Aerostar(227,000 miles)loved the green!

I have just switched my vans and Ford work trucks over to TropArtic 10W-30 blend to save my GC for my families personal vehicles. My supply is dowm to 40 quarts
shocked.gif

Almost time for new work vehicles anyway
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
I think, given its physical and chemical chracteristics, it will prove to be ideal for the engine and conditions you describe.

Okay, but here is the question: is it really the formulation of GC that makes it different or is it the fact that it is an ACEA A3 rated oil with a higher HT/HS rate that makes for such good UOA's?

In other words, how many UOA's of other synthetic A3 oils have we done in comparison to A1 or A5?

dunno.gif

Bob W.

[/qb][/QUOTE]Okay, but here is the question: is it really the formulation of GC that makes it different or is it the fact that it is an ACEA A3 rated oil with a higher HT/HS rate that makes for such good UOA's?

In other words, how many UOA's of other synthetic A3 oils have we done in comparison to A1 or A5?

dunno.gif

Bob W. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes it all because it is a A3 rated xW-30 oil so you get lighter weight(heavy for a 30wt) oil for better cold start, but the potection of the A3. As soon as Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30(Euro) is available in the states, goodbye GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back