My 2nd GC purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as sweet as the first, with that sale I didn't even know about (@$3.99). I bought 5 quarts. 4 are M0507 and one is M0428. The M04 I think matches the one leftover quart of GC that I have from months ago. It is green. The others don't seem to be (as I expected). I'll probably end up mixing batches at some point, but not sure when. At my next OCI I will be trying T&SUV so the GC will sit for a while. Just put M1 0W-40 in the Camaro, too. I think I'll put the GC in the Camaro next time. Startup noise seems to be louder the last few times I drove it, which looks to be standard issue for 0W-40.

On the shelf I saw 3 yellow USA M01 quarts. Also saw two M05s that appeared to have been opened. Is someone sniffing around the Middletown, RI Autozone?? I asked the guy at the counter if he knew about GC and he seemed surprised someone would be opening containers to sniff the oil. This was right after one of the other guys who works in there asked me about my Caprice for the 18th time. He and another guy seem to like it...one time this guy made me give him my number so he could call and make an offer. I wasn't even selling but he never called. People are weird.

quote:

Originally posted by kevm14:
At my next OCI I will be trying T&SUV so the GC will sit for a while. Just put M1 0W-40 in the Camaro, too.

Oh the hurt...the pain
Rapidly coursing through my brain
Has GC...equalled by none
And he is using Mobil 1
twak.gif

I have TWO chevys! Did you lower your expectations even more now?

Like I said, I think I'll switch the Camaro to the GC after I get my money's worth out of the M1 0W-40. I'll probably run it for quite a while. I'm thinking 8000 miles. The Caprice is up to 8500+ on GC...I removed the oil cooler on that car. I hope GC can take the heat.

quote:

Originally posted by CQUG4R:
kevm14

Do you change your oil filters inbetween oil changes?

If so, at what milage?

Thanks

No I don't.

I ended up going 9000+ miles on the OCI on the Caprice. Total oil consumption was somewhere around 1-1/2 quarts, which is pretty good. This is in spite of a rear main leak and a generally oily bottom-of-the-engine. The oil smelled pretty bad though. By the smell, I'd say it should be been changed earlier. But who knows how useful the smell is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back