How bad did I screw up adding Auto-Rx to my GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 2K miles left on this 5K run and thought the LS1 could use some cleaning. So, should I have waited until the 5K was up, drain the GC, then refill with dino Castrol and add Auto-Rx? I'm just a worry wart about things sometimes and thought the guru here could give me some insight.

you're okay, with synthetics the auto-rx takes twice as long to work.

So instead of running it for 1500 miles, you run it for 3000...

You'll be just fine. Do the clean as directed and then make sure to use a non synth oil for the rinse. An extra rinse may be required due to the residual GC from the cleaning phase. Auto RX works the same regardless of the oil for cleaning, the only big deal is the rinsing.

If you still aren;t quite sure, PM or email Frank. He'll be able to answer all of your questions.

As long as you changed you filter you should be OK!

Several years ago, auto-rx clean cycle was designated to be 750 miles. Because alot of people had synthetic in the motor already, and didn't want to change it early, Frank increased the clean cycle to 1500 miles (cause the synthetic/auto-rx takes longer in the clean cycle- they compete for the same surface). The rinse cycle is still the same, but you will want to change to dino for that.

Best to do as the Auto-RX.com site states.

GC and Auto-Rx are perfectly compatible as far as problems with chemistry.

As far as optimum cleaning follow the chemists recommendations at Auto-Rx.

I have run Auto-RX 5000+ miles with no degredation in the host oil or the RX in suspension. As long as the solids levels in the oil are low and RX is not dispersing large particles the filter is fine.

Knowing all info accurately takes oil analysis to measure, so follow the makers recommendations to avoid any problems.

Your regimen won't harm anything.

Man, the forums here are the bomb. I like being able to have people with knowledge hang around frequently. Thanks fellas.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Unleashedbeast:
Man, the forums here are the bomb. I like being able to have people with knowledge hang around frequently. Thanks fellas.
wink.gif

u-m-m-m, Ulb, I have a confession to make...this forum is not da bomb...you probably just happened to be reading this thread the same time as me...and...um-m-m, well, I had a bean burrito for lunch...
shocked.gif

quote:

quote:Originally posted by Unleashedbeast:
Man, the forums here are the bomb. I like being able to have people with knowledge hang around frequently. Thanks fellas. [Wink]

u-m-m-m, Ulb, I have a confession to make...this forum is not da bomb...you probably just happened to be reading this thread the same time as me...and...um-m-m, well, I had a bean burrito for lunch... [Eek!]

As they said in the old Foster's commercials, "Rippa"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back