Return the Gold GC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant

I bought ten quarts of GC because the new 0w-30 no longer has Made In Germany. It's the gold stuff, not the green.

Should I return for some Mobil 1 EP?

ant,

What is the batch number, please?...I have checked every bottle or case of 05 I have gotten, including the Gold, and they all say, "Made In Germany." I'd like to know the batch number and the specs if it does not have the Made In Germany declaration.

Thanks.

As for the visc. qualities, does one think Mobil 1 is better?

Excuse my not having just checked, but I think the verdict is still out on the quality of the Gold, and of which represents little more than dye to all of us without a bunch of test gear and know-how. And the change in smell as many have reported.

For me in the upper N.east and a modular engine design, it still seems a possibility...though I must admit my quest for the "perfect" oil is waning. Still facinated though.

Well I am curious (no pun intended)...at least two BITOG members have said they have seen 05 0W-30 that does NOT have "Made in Germany" on the label. Twice I have asked for a batch number and have not received a response, at least not before I "lost track" of the thread in which I asked the question. Would someone who has seen an 05 batch sans "M.I.G." PLEASE give me the batch number(s)? Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by Rotaryphone:
I have seen up to 0502xxxxx and they all say made in german. Even though 0502xxx is gold. I just bought a case of 0501xxxx and they are green.

Rp,

That is my experience as well...I am REALLY interested in the batches that supposedly do not have "Made in Germany" on them.

Is it possible that the person or persons found the USA GroupIII stuff and it did not say "Made in Germany" because it was not made in Germany?

The longer we go without getting a specific batch number I can check out personally, the more I think we have had a Red Herring tossed into the Elves Communal Gathering Village.
nono.gif

I just bought a case of 0507 and it says MIG. I don't think it is in the same location as on the "Green" bottles. It is on the right hand, bottom of the back label directly under "SAE 0W-30" in black with a red background. I hope this helps...

quote:

Originally posted by 1maniac:
Is it possible that the person or persons found the USA GroupIII stuff and it did not say "Made in Germany" because it was not made in Germany?

I guess I was assuming that those who were reporting the "new" Syntec 0W-30- not made in Germany, understood that there were, in 2002, red labled bottles that were not made in Germany and that these were indeed new bottles not leftovers from 2002. That is why a batch number is SO important.

ant:..you bought 10 GC because it's no longer made in germany?? If it's not made in Germany.........where is it made from? I'm not sure what you are saying.

No, I bought because it was the last bottles that had "Made in Germany." But as it turns out the oil I have is the gold stuff not green. From what I read recently, it seems the gold GC does not appear to be up to the standards of the green.

quote:

Originally posted by ant:
the oil I have is the gold stuff not green. From what I read recently, it seems the gold GC does not appear to be up to the standards of the green.

(1) no one knows that to be true and
(2) the issue is whether or not it says MIG on the back...I will tell you, if it is MIG I will stand by it even if it is pink
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ant:
From what I read recently, it seems the gold GC does not appear to be up to the standards of the green.

At this point, it's just pure speculation on your (or anyone's) part. There's just not enough data to substantiate the claim or dismiss it.

As soon as I rack up some miles on the Jeep I'll do a UOA on the gold GC. Im waiting on Blackstone for my green GC UOA reults.....

i have almost 3K miles on my green GC now in my 00' 1.8T and was going to run BC next. however, i guess, i yall want me to, ill run the gold GC next to do a back to back test. both will be ran to 6k miles. 5k miles if time cuts into the experiment. what yall think?

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Jefferson:
i have almost 3K miles on my green GC now in my 00' 1.8T and was going to run BC next. however, i guess, i yall want me to, ill run the gold GC next to do a back to back test. both will be ran to 6k miles. 5k miles if time cuts into the experiment. what yall think?

Sounds like a good plan...thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by AndyH:

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Jefferson:

Sounds like a good plan...thanks!

Ditto...I hope I speak for all the residents of the Elvish village when I say, "vielen dank." The Elves are showing signs of total confidence in the results we will see. I'm beginning to pick up a little intel here and there...when I put the pieces together this is what I have figured out...there was enough green dye to color the lady Elves new summer outfits or to color GC...so it was either please the lovely ladies or please the members of BITOG...and don't tell me any of YOU would have chosen diffently...by the way the new outfits are very nice and VERY GREEN.
smile.gif

I'm running gold GC and am at 3500 miles so if y'all want, I'll dump it and send it to Blackstone and Terry for a UOA.

My previous run was Mobil Clean 7500 so I hope it doesn't taint the UOA results. I do have a UOA for green GC (posted in the UOA forum) so at least we'll have some basis for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back