Emperical Evidence that the New GC is LongTec

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can now stop sweating. You can now sleep at night. There is no need to worry. The new GC (M05) is without a doubt SLX LongTec 0w30. This become obvious when you do a side by side comparison between the new GC and the VOA of Castrol LongTec provided by Quattro Pete. The add packs are identical.

Quattro Pete's Stinky Peterson's analysis

ALUMINUM 0 0
CHROMIUM 0 0
IRON 1 2
COPPER 0 0
LEAD 0 0
TIN 0 0
MOLYBDENUM 0 0
NICKEL 0 0
MANGANESE 0 0
SILVER 0 0
TITANIUM 0 0
POTASSIUM 0 1
BORON 0 0
SILICON 5 4
SODIUM 5 4
CALCIUM 1919 1720
MAGNESIUM 531 511
PHOSPHORUS 813 854
ZINC 1041 983
BARIUM 0 0

.SUS Visc.@210F: 67.5
Flashpoint (F): 430
Fuel (%): -
Antifreeze (%): -
Water (%): 0.0
Insolubles (%): TR
TBN : 10.7Lab : BlackstoneSample date : 11 June 2004

As you can see, there is no need to worry. In fact, the elves have now put on their golden outfits. If you listen carefully, you can hear them singing from the Black Forest.

Not to steal your thunder
smile.gif
, but this has been said before:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=51;t=000122#000023

However, I'm not sure that this is in fact a sure proof that amber GC = SLX LongTec. There are just so many different SLX flavors in the world (especially in Europe) that it's hard to unanimously deliver the verdict without analyzing all of them first. Maybe there's an even better match with another SLX variety in terms of calcium level for example.

And the more important question on this board seems to be not whether amber GC is SLX LongTec, but whether amber GC (or SLX LongTec) provides the same level of engine protection as green GC, ie. whether it's formulated using the same great base stocks.

The answer to that I'm sure we'll find out as the UOAs begin to pour in.

And maybe there will even be enough interest (and funds) for Terry and Molakule to do indepth analysis of amber GC like they did for green GC.

However, without knowing whether GC is here (US) to stay, it's a somewhat risky undertaking. You may find out that it's a miracle oil just in time to learn that you can't get it in the stores anymore.
smile.gif
Kind of what happened with green GC.

I believe it IS indeed LongTec and I recommend that those who want it buy it in "sufficient quantity."
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back