Going Green on a honda 3.5L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I've been lurking asking oil questions about my 05 Vue, and have finally bought 15 qts of 'the green' from two autozones in town.

At 2500 miles, after a vigorous racecar-like break in, I dumped the factory fill for the GF-4 5w-20 Havoline that supposedly has gobs of molybdenum in it. That alleviates my fears about dumping the factory fill early, because of the moly that was added. This 5w-20 has been VOA'd to show around 400ppm I believe? So dumping the factory fill isn't an issue anymore.

I plan on dumping this havoline at 5000mi and switching to GC. First interval will be 5000mi. (changing at 10k) After the first interval of synthetic (GC) I would like to strech the OCI out even farther. Is 6k-8k feasible?

Main reason for posting: Should I do another run of dino @ 5k, or trust that my thorough break in, broke everything in?
grin.gif
Every time I drive it I let it warm up before moving the car, usually 1-3 min. Once Its up to temp though, I let 'er rip many times. Car is driven hard :p

Since this is a modern engine, should I even worry about it being broken in on synthetic?

I believe that it would be a good idea to try to keep your foot out of it until your oil temperature comes up. Your guage displays water temp. There are several discussions that I have seen here at BITOG, check it out.

My lovely wife and I are taking delivery of an Odyssey (3.5L) next week. Following the break in, I plan on 7K miles, I will be adding the green eliker that I have oh so pain-stakingly sought. A few more stops at the AZ's on the north side should yield 60 quarts :rolleyes: How am I going to explain this to Lovely.

I'll keep an eye out for any UOA's that you may post in the future. I'll have one by fall I would guess. TAKE CARE

quote:

Originally posted by burnout:
Yay!
smile.gif
Is it emitting radiation?
tongue.gif

Most assuredly "Yes!" (But rest assured it is beneficial radiation. It will radiate the internals of your engine with a protective Elfin shield. The Elves would not create a type of radiation that would hurt anyone.)
wink.gif

Enjoy your Green!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back