Just bought GC for my 05 Audi S4. It's definitely green!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
I hang out in the B6 Forum:
http://www.audiworld.com/forum/a4gen2.html

I wish I could link to my Pic Poster from outside AW, but I can't. I refer to my cars all the time here, so I'd like to have a pic sometimes, oh well. After clicking on a post of mine, click on my Member Number (27563) and it takes you there. So, being on AW B6 and owning a 2002 B6, I know a bit about the S4. What colour is yours? Are you looking at chips...DahlBack perhaps? Do you have that corny pre-filter on the intake? (top of rad support)

AJ,

Like your pix...thanks for telling us how to get to them.

quote:

I hang out in the B6 Forum:
http://www.audiworld.com/forum/a4gen2.html

I wish I could link to my Pic Poster from outside AW, but I can't. I refer to my cars all the time here, so I'd like to have a pic sometimes, oh well. After clicking on a post of mine, click on my Member Number (27563) and it takes you there. So, being on AW B6 and owning a 2002 B6, I know a bit about the S4. What colour is yours? Are you looking at chips...DahlBack perhaps? Do you have that corny pre-filter on the intake? (top of rad support)

I just ordered a full Labree exhaust. I am contemplating the Matrix CAI but am not sure if it is worth it. What do you think. I'm not sure about any pre-filter, just that it has an intake that has a snorkel(?) type extension that enters at the grill and follows into the airbox. It seems like a pretty good design for the factory. I am considering a GIAC chip as the Dahlbach seems to only remove the speed limiter, according to their website.

V8, my BOSCH Service Center in Phila has both Dahlback and GIAC. In fact, John did the returnless fuleling solution for Garett Lim when the B6 came out. APR was still claiming that the new Motoronic system w/ returnless fueling could not be handled with the stock injectors' at full duty cycle and w/o a new FPR...thus the infamous "two weeks" APR told customers it would take for release of their product when it actually took over 6 months. GIAC was already on the market the whole time. In the industry, that's known as "Vapourware" and the intent is the put customers on hold while you develop your product. Anyway, "Woodlawn Bosch Center" is well-regarded and if you do a search on AW, that could be easily confirmed. If you have any questions about mods, just call John at 800-843-5939. I strongly suggest his custom alignment service. Also, he is completely in-step with any and all warranty issues as a close family member is Service Manager at a local Audi dealer. Am I plugging my guy too much? I figure nobody ever gets tired of reading my posts.
tongue.gif
What colour is your S4 anyway?

PS thanks for getting my Pic Poster up. I like to share and kinda think I have an interesting image collection. This is definately my favourite, a old pic of my mom and her Audi 60. All the other guys have naked bikini models and super-fat cars on their sigs. I have mom.

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/27563/aj60.jpg

PSS The green Avant and the silver Coupe GT are the only two Audis I drive now. Mother-in-Law's silver A6 is current and I have a Pearl V6 90q with a blown engine someone gave me. It's for my woman to replace the CGT, she wants quattro, ABS and airbags after rolling the Quantum Syncro.

[ May 15, 2005, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: Audi Junkie ]

quote:

V8, my BOSCH Service Center in Phila has both Dahlback and GIAC. In fact, John did the returnless fuleling solution for Garett Lim when the B6 came out. APR was still claiming that the new Motoronic system w/ returnless fueling could not be handled with the stock injectors' at full duty cycle and w/o a new FPR...thus the infamous "two weeks" APR told customers it would take for release of their product when it actually took over 6 months. GIAC was already on the market the whole time. In the industry, that's known as "Vapourware" and the intent is the put customers on hold while you develop your product. Anyway, "Woodlawn Bosch Center" is well-regarded and if you do a search on AW, that could be easily confirmed. If you have any questions about mods, just call John at 800-843-5939. I strongly suggest his custom alignment service. Also, he is completely in-step with any and all warranty issues as a close family member is Service Manager at a local Audi dealer. Am I plugging my guy too much? I figure nobody ever gets tired of reading my posts.
tongue.gif
What colour is your S4 anyway?

PS thanks for getting my Pic Poster up. I like to share and kinda think I have an interesting image collection. This is definately my favourite, a old pic of my mom and her Audi 60. All the other guys have naked bikini models and super-fat cars on their sigs. I have mom.

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/27563/aj60.jpg

PSS The green Avant and the silver Coupe GT are the only two Audis I drive now. Mother-in-Law's silver A6 is current and I have a Pearl V6 90q with a blown engine someone gave me. It's for my woman to replace the CGT, she wants quattro, ABS and airbags after rolling the Quantum Syncro.

I have nogaro. That place sounds good and I might just give them a call to ask for opinions. How do you like the B7? I think it may take some getting used to. Kinda like the B6. The B7 RS4 looks mean.

Hey Andy, I did not realize that you were a Woodlawn customer.
cool.gif
John was my neighbour in CC Phila when I dropped a screw into the running engine of my Audi 80.
frown.gif
I still have the piston with the screw impressions on it. That was 10+ years ago, I stay up in the Poconos now, but still have a house in CC Phila. Anyway, $10,000 or more later, John ended up being one of my best friends. I'm there a lot just for social calls, it's too far for service other than big jobs like my recent timing belt. BOSCH Service is the bomb anywhere you go, they have a 1-800 number to find one. Up here in Kingston PA, there is a BOSCH Center with exotic sales, Rayco. Pretty sick inventory, GT2 anyone? They post prices right on the window, I like that and they only have the best quality used offerings. No Ultra HP tuning services though. I forgot to mention, John does corner-balancing if you get an adjustable suspension. So many dudes get coilovers for lowering and have no clue their car is behaving like a table with a short leg. The weight on the LF+RR should equal RF+LR. That's why they do actual race-prep for Porsche Cup cars at Woodlawn...because they can .
grin.gif
-Clark

BTW- Andy, I remember your Imola S4 Avant. Did you keep it after lease period? I enquired a long time ago as to what you were doing with your stock suspension. I have non-sport ride height still.
rolleyes.gif
Good in snow though.
tongue.gif

[ May 15, 2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Audi Junkie ]

quote:

Hey Andy, I did not realize that you were a Woodlawn customer.
cool.gif

Yup, John and his brother are good people for sure. I should drop in some day just to say Hi.

quote:

BTW- Andy, I remember your Imola S4 Avant. Did you keep it after lease period?

Sadly I decided to let it go. Partially due to it being hit and not repaired up to my way-too-high standards. Plus I just felt it was time to try something else. I would love to get back into another Audi some day.

quote:

I enquired a long time ago as to what you were doing with your stock suspension. I have non-sport ride height still.
rolleyes.gif
Good in snow though.
tongue.gif

The stock S4 suspension went back on the car at the end of the lease (I gave the H&R "street" coilovers to an Audi buddy as payment for helping me with the suspension install).

I also went through a few suspension setups on my old '97 A4 1.8T. Started with the stock suspension (there was no "sport" suspension offered that year). Upgraded to the factory "sport" suspension (a take-off from a '98 A4 1.8T), then later upgraded to a set of H&R "sport" springs paired up with Bilstein shocks.

V8, I was afraid you would say Nogaro, it's my favourite S4 colour. I actually like the new grille. I checked out an A3 the other day, too similar to my Avant to buy.

PS, an old joke is the answer to the question, "which Mobil 1 is right for my car?". You would use the 5w-30 with the BLUE label.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back