European SLX Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by tharoka:
http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=8390005&contentId=6007958#6018254

Er... in wich can does those thinny funny fable caracters live right now? Or have they changed to the benefits of a hippy commune and are all over the place?

LongTec is the replacement for the original SLX, but to tell you the truth, we still don't know how different it is from the original SLX (GC) in terms of base oil composition.

quote:

Whould any of this stuff still work on an uprated 2.0 STi with bigger turbo, injectors,...? (stock 265 hp rated ~16psi, now ~400hp ~20psi)

Thanks!

Probably... but someone just posted this on the main forum with regards to Subaru:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010750;p=1#000024

Of course, with your mods, you're certainly not under any kind of original manufacturer warranty anyway.
smile.gif

Thanks Pete,

I really whould like to see the original info from Subaru...

I wish it whould be clear what oil to choose,... but you allways find such different info between rumors, subaru comunity, cars manual, thick-is-not-allways-better comunity...

[ May 12, 2005, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: tharoka ]

quote:

Thanks Pete,

I really whould like to see the original info from Subaru...

I wish it whould be clear what oil to choose,... but you allways find such different info between rumors, subaru comunity, cars manual, thick-is-not-allways-better comunity...

...but just remember, Elves NEVER start rumors...

In F1 magazine (usually found at Border's) Castrol had an add in the latest issue. Claimed New and Improved Castrol SLX Longtec 0w-30.

Low Phosphorus
Exceptional Frictional abiliites
Viscosity stable
Virtually No Wear

Said other things too. Could it be the Gold is the Low SAP version of the Green GC? In other words the GF-4 stuff?

The Gold...The Gold...it's wonderful I'm told
So don't you fret if The Green you can't get
And your feet are getting cold
The Elves won't let you snap your valves or from your rods your pistons sever
I think you should relax and use the best SLX brew ever

quote:

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=8390005&contentId=6007958#6018254

...those thinny funny fable caracters live right now...

Fable! Fable! Surely your not serious...
In fact my friends the Elvish ones
Think you must be delirious

They are as real as real can be
There is no imagination
In fact they just told me they think
"tharoka" is a George Lucas Creation
(they want to know if you are also known as Jar Jaroka)
wink.gif
cheers.gif

Robert Frost or Henry Wadsworth Longfellow you're not.

But kudos for the attempt.

cheers.gif

I'll try it next December (the Gold, not poetry) at my next OCI.

quote:

Originally posted by dkryan:
Robert Frost you're not.

But kudos for the attempt.

cheers.gif

Whose GC is that? I think I know. The clerk at AutoZone told me so. A new elixer made of gold. To manufacture such a brew Castrol must be bold.

Double kudos to you, SSDude, for the "SLX rendition" of my favorite Robert Frost poem
cheers.gif
cheers.gif

Ah Pooh!!!!

Buster, you beat me to it!! I meant to tell everyone about that ad-i got it like over 2 weeks ago from someone who actually went to Europe (they go it at a shop in Heathrow). Pooh!!

i just wish we got those jugs like they do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back